Sunday, August 16, 2009

Visitors!

Hi everyone!

Sorry we haven't blogged or been commenting for a few days, but I've been BUSY helping Mom, Dad and Holden play host to some of our most favorite people in the world!
Photobucket
The Edwards Family!!!!


Susan (the lady in the glasses) and Mommy have been best friends since their first day of 6th grade (back in 1981!). This was my first time meeting "Aunt Susan"!
Photobucket
"Hi Aunt Susan....boy....I've heard some stories about you!!!!"


Susan and her husband Tom have two beautiful little girls...Olivia (Livvy) is 5 and Elyse (Lysie) is almost 3. They call Mommy "Auntie LaLa"
Photobucket
Mommy is all gushy over Livvy and Lysie!


We had so much fun during their visit and I got to do LOTS of helping with Livvy and Lysie!

I helped Holden as the Vice Chair of Story Time...(see me down in the corner?)
Photobucket
(aww...how cute...he's reading Lysie the M is for Mitten story about Michigan because that's where they live!)


I was the Assistant Bubble Bath Supervisor (look close...that's my head in there at the bottom of the pic)
Photobucket


I was the Acting Manager Of Cartoon Watching in the big cloud bed...
Photobucket


I was also given the job of Referee during the wrestling match between Daddy and the girls!
Photobucket


Hosting/Babysitting is HARD work, so the peeps DID give me some breaks here and there. They went to the Indy Children's Museum and let me sleep at home.

Here are the 3 kids having a Teddy Bear Tea Party at the museum!
Photobucket


Mom likes this shot of the 3 of them overlooking DINOSPHERE
Photobucket


Mom drew this picture and hung it up in the Dinosaur Gallery. It's nice to know I was thought of during their day out!
Photobucket
It's a "Pugasauras" by Laura, Age: 39" (shhhh...don't tell anyone!)


Here are Mom and Aunt Susan posing with their old friend Barbie!
Photobucket
Barbie...(sigh!)...she is SO fabulous!!!


It was really nice having "littles" in the house for a few days! I'd never really spent much time with little people like Livvy and Lysie, but we got along really well and now they say that they want a PUG at their house too!


They'd be very good Pug siblings! Here is Livvy telling me to "Sit"...
Photobucket


Here is Lysie playing with me...
Photobucket


Then I had to give kisses goodbye!
Photobucket
Bye Edwards Family!!! Thanks for visiting us and come back soooooon!!!!

13 comments:

Pug Posse said...

Salinger, you look like a great helper with little people! That Pug-O-Saurus your mom drew is AWESOME!!!

Pug hugs and kisses!
The Pug Posse

Too Cute Pugs said...

Wow, Salinger! It looks like you had a great time with your friends! I bet they'll be back soon for more pug loving.

Pug love from,
Pearl & Daisy

Two French Bulldogs said...

Oh Salinger,
You must have had fun with all those people!
Luv,
Benny & Lily

Stubby said...

Hey Salinger dude - Lucky you to have cool visitors. You were very good with them and I'm not surprised that they want a pug.

Wouldn't it be cool to have little ones around all the time? You could hang out with them in the cloudy bed watching cartoons all the time!

Stubby xoxo

Archie and Melissa said...

hi salinger!

oh what fun you all had! you are an excellent host!

we love the pugasaurus!

xoxoxo
m & e

Kelly said...

Salinger, you are the best 'little'-sitter in the world! So involved! So paws-on!

I am so glad your mom got to have her BFF visit. New friends are great, but there is something just wonderful about time spent with old friends!!!

xoxo

Nevis said...

LOVE the Pug-a-sauraus! Ha ha ha! And the last photo of Salinger kissing the kid is priceless.

Rosie said...

Excellent work Salinger another family turned pro-pug!!

Salinger The Pug said...

Stubby...dude...are you NUTS???

Mom said to tell you she's paid her dues....there have been THREE littles in the cloud bed over the years. Holden hangs there occasionally, but since he's 10 now...he prefers his own Hot Dog Bun bed.

Littles are good for visiting, but mom is NOT going through it again!!!!!

Nice try though!

Love,
S-Dog (and Mom)

Anonymous said...

Hey Salinger, it looks like you had a great visit!
I love your mom's pugasaurus.. heehee

Mia said...

Salinger, you were such a good host!!!! It's no suprise that they want a pug of their own now!!

Hank said...

Sal, buddy.....good fer you bein' all hosty and stuff.

Yer mom is quite the artist. Think she'd paint my pitcher some time?

Stacy Walker said...

Looks like fun Salinger. I bet you are enjoying being an only child again!