Sunday, June 22, 2008

The humans have gone HOUSE crazy!

Mommy and daddy have been working very hard getting our house "de-ghettoed" for Mimi's visit this week! Mimi is my grandma (Mommy's mom) and she is bringing Great Grandpa down to visit us. We are very excited, but have also been working very hard to get the house looking nice. Here are some examples of OUR handiwork (I say OUR because as the Pug, I play the most important role of moral support and comic relief).

FIRST...daddy put up these cool shelves in the garage to store all of our holiday crap. He said bad words about mommys Christmas stuff, but she used bad words back at HIM and said she's not getting rid of any of it. HAHA!

Photobucket
I'm dreaming of a puggy Christmas!!!!!!!!!


Photobucket
There is MORE Christmas crap in these boxes too!


Daddy bought this cool sign in San Fransisco. I tried to get them to put it on the front door, but they thought it looked better here in the garage.
Photobucket
Don't mess with the PUG!


Yesterday, Mommy and daddy stained the deck! I wasn't allowed outside at all and that made me all growly and whiney. I watched from the doorwall and then showed them where to put all the furniture this morning when it was dry.
Photobucket
OK...looks good!



OH...remember that cool deck planter box that mommy made? WELL...daddy filled it with dirt and mommy planted her basil in it and then they figured out that it was a BAD idea because I can GET IN IT and DIG DIG DIG!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAA! Mommy said she's going to buy some of that cute wood picket fencing to keep me out, but until she does that, daddy jeri-rigged up some wood and old wire fencing to keep me out. Bummer....I wanted to eat that basil!
Photobucket
WTF? How am I supposed to eat the basil now????


I also like to eat tomatoes, but these aren't ripe yet. I'm sure I'll get one when they turn red!
Photobucket
Mommy...these tomatoes with that basil would make a FABULOUS Caprese Salad!


Daddy also had to jeri-rig up some fencing for my brother's garden! I love to eat everything in there too! Holden has a very green thumb...he's growing romaine, spinach, mesculin and sweet corn! YUMMY!!!!!!
Photobucket
Can't they see that I'm STAAAAAARVING? Lemme at the food!!!!!!!!!


So now that the outside is looking less ghetto (haha)...Mommy is working on the INSIDE today and tomorrow. The biggest problem is keeping all of my toys put away. I don't know why she's all crabby and yelly about them....SHE'S the one that keep buying them for me!
Photobucket
This is my first load of toys...in the living room.

Photobucket
This is my second basket of toys, in mommy's office

Photobucket
This is my other basket of toys, upstairs. HEY...I've been looking for that one!



So that's my report on the house and the crazy humans. Mommy tells me that I get to go see the vet tomorrow for my "annual visit" and I don't like how that sounds. I have a feeling I'm going to be reporting again tomorrow after it's over.

Happy Sunday everyone!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Salinger you obviously need more food.. you are simply wasting away!! lol
I am currently doing the same thing at my place.. I am working on my room, the bathroom and the spare room! gah! I have alot of christmas stuff too.. but my hubby doesn't quite have an idea how much I actually have since I am the one who bring it out and put it away!!

Molly the Airedale said...

What nice vege gardens you have in YOUR yard, Salinger! You just have to figure out how to get inside those stoopid fences once the fruits have ripened! The thought of eating ripe tomatoes is making us drool! We love veges!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Unknown said...

Ooh - I love the garden pictures, Salinger. Thanks for sharing! I am currently growing chives, sage, rosemary, parsley, oregano and roma tomatoes.
I will have to post some pictures also.
And tell your daddy that your mommy has a *very* conservative amount of Christmas decorations. I have about twice the amount of tupperware boxes she has and I haven't been collecting for very long! It's going nowhere but down, now....

Archie and Melissa said...

Hi Salinger
Wow! your parents have been working hard!
Everything looks great! The new planter box is awesome and the basil looks right at home.
You'll have fun at the vet today. You get to go in a car ride (twice), they will give you lots of attention, you will get a treat for being such a good boy and everyone will tell you haw cute you are. :)
xo
m & e

Nevis said...

Salinger...I'm not sure if you know what the word "ghetto" means. Because your house looks beuatiful.

The Devil Dog said...

Salinger, you are very funny. I love eating the raspberries that mom is trying to grow. Dad keeps saying we should put up a fence. Mom says we'll see. I love mom.

Roxy