Saturday, June 21, 2008

Look what I can do!

I have a new trick! Well...it probably isn't a trick, but mommy and daddy are all excited about it and keep telling me "good boy!" when I do it, so it FEELS like a trick!

I started lifting my leg up on stuff when I pee!!!

Now...this probably isn't a big deal to most of you, but ever since I was a baby, I squat and pee like a girl. Mommy wondered if nature would take over and it DID! Now when we're out walking, I have a few favorite light posts, fire hydrants, mailboxes and fence posts where I like to leave pee-mail!

Daddy says I have really good form...almost like a Russian gymnast! Check it out...


Photobucket
Hmmmmm....no, I don't think this spot will do at all....let's keep looking....


Photobucket
Ahhhhhhhhh....YES.....a lightpost! I'll leave some pee-mail for my friends....


Photobucket
Just LOOK at that reach! Dominic Hasek (he's a washed up NHL goalie) should be so lucky to do splits as effortless as me!


So that's my exciting news for this morning. Probably not news to anyone really, but mommy and daddy are very easily amused and entertained.

Today we're going to be doing all kinds of work outside! Mommy and daddy are going to clear off the deck so they can stain it and then they're going to repaint the trim on the front of the house so everything will look nice when Mimi (my GRANDMA!) comes to visit! She's flying to Michigan from Arizona today and then driving down on Tuesday with Great Grandpa so they can come visit me! I'm going to give them BOTH lots of kisses (which I know they'll LOVE! :-)

Happy Saturday everyone!

6 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

Good job on the leg lift, Salinger! I finally learned to pee like a big boy too although sometimes I get lazy and I still just stand and spread my legs!

Yer friend,
Mitch

Anonymous said...

Yay Salinger!! Gus was starting to lift his leg when we got him! But the funny thing is he overextends his leg and can fall over!! :)

Christine & Giggs said...

na see you do THIS: http://www.ananova.com/images/web/889159.jpg

Unknown said...

Winston lifted his leg for the very first time when I was on vacation and he was being pug-sat by my friend. I was so angry!!

Oh, my favorite word of the day is "pee pee mail" hehehe

The Devil Dog said...

We are glad nature took over for you Salinger. If it makes your mom and dad happy, then it is a good thing. When I squat, I kick one back leg out so I look pretty funny balancing as I pee.

Roxy

Pug(s) and Bugg said...

OMD! That is so neat! Maybe it means that Dixie will learn to pee on her own instead of only peeing RIGHT where I just peed! Mommy says her best friend's doggie is a shih tzu and is a girl and lifts her leg and Mommy's best friend's ex boyfriend had a boy dog that squattied, so it was sort of like they were meant to be... the dogs, that is, not the humans, cuz they broke up like forever ago. But at least you lift your leggie now! So H-O-T hot!
-Sophie