Monday, June 23, 2008

My (not so fun) Vet Adventure

Hiiiiiiiiiii everyone! I'm feeling a bit spacey and out of sorts this evening. I went to the VET today for my annual checkup and shots.

I do love going to visit Dr. Graves and all of the nice ladies that work with him, but today wasn't as much fun as it normally is.

First, mommy got a picture of me on the table in the exam room waiting patiently.
Photobucket
Please mom...NOT that thermometer business again!!!!



Then I posed with one of my favorite Vet ladies...Lisa! She was so gentle when she drew my blood and did other testing type things to my bum.
Photobucket
This is me smiling because Lisa took care of me today!



Then I got to see Dr. Graves! He is so nice and whispers secrets to me! He even told mommy that I was the "prettiest Pug in the practice!" She agrees, but she's a bit biased! Dr. Graves did my shots quickly and I didn't fuss too much.
Photobucket
I'm saying "THAAAAAAAAAANK YOU Dr. Graves!"



On the way out, mommy got a picture of the cool fishtank in the waiting room. I didn't have to wait at all today, so I didn't get a chance to watch the fishies, but maybe next time.
Photobucket
Hmmmm....does Dr. Graves have any fish patients???????



So we left and mommy started to drive the car out of the parking lot, and that's when I started to throw up! ALLLLLLLLL over the front of the car! It wasn't just normal Pug Puke....it was like BRIGHT YELLOW egg yolky puke!!!!!! I had a weird look and didn't seem like myself, so mommy actually went up on the curb with the car and almost hit a guy trying to whip the car around to go back to the vet!


Lisa saw Mommy bring me in and she took me right away and told Dr. Graves that I was having a reaction to one of the shots. They fixed me up and gave me a shot of something and also an IV of something else to help with the reaction and after a while, Lisa said I should be fine. I felt FUNNNNNNNNNY!!!!!!!
Photobucket
UGH!!!! I don't FEEEEEEEEEEL good mommy!

Photobucket
STOP with the camera already and just get me HOOOOOOOOME!



Mommy brought me home and sat with me on the floor for a while and then she put out a pain pill for me with some peanut butter. I just wanted to stand in the kitchen and stare at all the pretty shapes floating by! Check out the bandage on my leg. Have you ever seen anything so pathetic in your LIFE?
Photobucket
I was so out of it...I even tried to wear one of Mommy's old shoes on my other foot!



Later tonight, mommy and Holden did some yardwork and I helped and now I'm getting ready for bed and running around the house with my "night crazies". I think mommy understands that I need to blow off some steam after the day I've had!!!!!!!

Tomorrow, while Holden is at his golf lesson, Mommy is going to walk with me and then she's taking me to the self service dog wash for a VERY scrubby bath! I don't smell very good after the Exorcist episode in the car today!

Mommy wants to give a "shout out" and thank EVERYONE at Bridgeview Animal Hospital that helped take care of me today! I am so lucky that I have the best Vet's office in the world and they take such good care of me! They really do understand how important I am to my family and it really shows through with the great care and service they provide! We love them!!!!!

Good night! I'm getting sleeeeeeeeeepy again! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

6 comments:

Nevis said...

Salinger...I'm so sorry to hear that you were ill and, worse yet, wearing last season's shoe on the wrong paw. *laugh* just kidding!

Great pictures. I love the expressions on Salinger's face. Very expressive! And I hope he continues to get better!

The Devil Dog said...

My goodness, that is a little too much excitement. We are glad your mom didn't hit the man on the sidewalk. We thought the one shoe photo was very funny. We are glad that it wasn't anything more than a reaction. We think a good night's sleep will do wonders for you.

Roxy

Archie and Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Archie and Melissa said...

oh salinger!
i am so sorry you felt so ooogie after your shots!

i am so glad you are feeling all better! great stories and photos!

you made us smile even when you weren't feeling good. you are one cool puggy!

m & e

ps that was us who deleted our comment above. seems mom cannot type without typos!

Molly the Airedale said...

What a bummer that you had a reaction to your shots but thank goodness you were RIGHT THERE to get help! We hope you're feeling better today, Salinger!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I am glad you are feeling better!! When Indy had her distemper booster, she threw up for two days and my vet is about an hour away!