Thursday, June 5, 2008

TWO big celebrations in 24 hours!

Oh wow...I am one tired Pug tonight! FIRST off...Mommy was up late again flipping out and watching sports on TV (over and over) because her Detroit Red Wings won the Stanley Cup AGAIN!!!!!!!!! WHOOHOOOO!!!!
Photobucket
I can tell that she misses "home" (she's from there) during times like this, so I give her extra kisses. Somehow, I sense that the sweet Wings jersey is going to be mine soon! WAY TO GO WINGS!!!! The only bad thing is...no more hockey until October! It's going to be a loooooong summer!

The second big celebration was my buddy Pugsley's FIRST BARKDAY!!!!!!! Pugsley is this cool PugDude that I met last Halloween at the "Dog's Night Out" that Ritters and Countryside Animal Rescue have on the second Monday of every warm month. They had a fun Halloween party in October for us, and it was cool to see another PUG there! Here is a pic of us taken last Halloween!
Photobucket
He's the basketball player and I'm the football player. All that we're missing is a HOCKEY player!!!!

Now, the funny thing is that Pugsley and his family live RIGHT down the street from us! His brother Justin goes to school with MY brother, Holden AND Pugsley's mom (Heather) works at the bank that Mommy goes to!!! VERY weird! SO...we got invited to Pugsley's BARKDAY PARTY tonight! We had SOOOOOOOO much fun, but I'm so tired...I can barely tell you about it!
First...we got there and Pugsley and I ran around like nutjobs chasing each other, so it was hard to get a non-blurry picture.
Photobucket
This is an "action shot" of Pugsley and I playing! SNORT!SNORT!SNORT!!!!

Pugsley's family had a nice dinner for everyone (thank you!) and then Pugsley got his birthday pupcake! (mommy made it!)
Photobucket
I hope he didn't forget to make a wish!


Hahahaha! Pugsley has cream cheese frosting all over his face!
Photobucket
Dude...you've got a little something on your face there....



Pugsley got LOADS of presents! Lots of new toys and some treats too!
Photobucket
LEMME AT IT!!!!!!!!


THEN the party started to get crazy. One thing led to another and next thing I knew...Pugsley's mommy was trying to get me to be friends with a RAT named Templeton!!!!
Photobucket
Hmmmm...you look familiar! Didn't I see you at a KFC a while back?


I'm not sure what happened then...I don't know if it was all the pupcake or the bits of treats I got, but things started to get a little out of hand between Pugsley and I...........
Photobucket
Ummmmmm...Sophie...don't be upset...I just got carried away with all the party festivites!!!!!


But really....we're just friends!
Photobucket
Not that there's anything WRONG with that! HAHAHAHA!


So that was my fun evening with my buddy Pugsley! Happy Birthday Dude!!!!

Ok...back to watching all the Stanley Cup footage and highlights that Mommy recorded! Oy vay!
Photobucket
She's crazy, but she feeds me and rubs my tummy!

Way to go Wings! :-)

6 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

Congratulations to the RedWings, Salinger! We're happy for your mom that they won!
And happy birthday to Pugsley! That looked like one fun pawty with one yummy cake!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Archie and Melissa said...

hi s-dog!

tooooo fun! that is a very exciting 24 hours! yay!!!! red wings! please tell your mom we have something else in common...i am from michigan too. i grew up in southfield and went to u of m.
emmitt is a colorado puggy but liked watching the red wings win.

what a yummy cake your mom made! love the pictures. You take great action shots.

Have a wonderful weekend!

m & e

Pug(s) and Bugg said...

Its ok Boyfriend!!!! I am a little loose with my kisses too! I am glad you had fun... SEE YOU TOMORROW!!!

Nevis said...

Happy BARKDAY Salinger! And congrats to the RedWings! :) Much barklove to you.

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU SALINGER FOR COMING TO PUGSLEY'S BARKDAY PARTY. HE ENJOYED HAVING HIS DOG FRIEND OVER TO CELEBRATE:) TELL YOUR MOM,LAURA,THANK YOU FOR THE CAKE. PUGSLEY THOUGHT IT WAS GREAT!!! PUGSLEY WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO COME OVER AND PLAY ANYTIME!! THANKS AGAIN
:) PUGSLEY AND HIS MOM HEATHER

* HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY PUGSLEY*

The Devil Dog said...

That's sounds like an absolutely great day! Congrats to the Red Wings. Mom is glad they beat Pittsburg. What a great party. The cake looked yummy. Any left over?

Roxy