Tuesday, September 23, 2008

What the heck have we been doing?

Ok, nothing but the usual excuses as to why mom hasn't updated my blog in 2 weeks, but this time we had some REAL drama going on! Holden had a growth removed from the inside of his lower jaw/gumline! It's been bugging him for a while and the Oral Surgeon removed it and sent it off for pathology. THANKFULLY it turned out to be just a benign growth, but he had a few rough days with swelling and pain, which I was all too happy to help comfort!
Photobucket
Here's Holden looking all swollen on the left side of his face. Poor baby had a bunch of stitches and was all doped up on Darvocet!

Holden only missed one day of school, which was good because it was SPIRIT WEEK for Homecoming! Here we are together on Hat Day
Photobucket

Mom tried to put a hat on me too, but I hated it and tried to eat it.
Photobucket

I'm not in this picture, but mom likes it.....Holden's football team got to ride in an ARMY TRUCK for the Homecoming parade! My team got their faces all painted up with cammo and we had fun screaming, yelling and chucking candy at all the people along the parade route.
Photobucket

Happy Tuesday everyone!

STP

7 comments:

Archie and Melissa said...

happy tuesday to you too!
emmitt and i missed all of you. holden is one tough kid.
:) melissa

Puddleglum said...

Yikes! Growths are scary and painful, so double yikes. But kudos to the human for putting up with it with a smile!

The Devil Dog said...

We are glad Holden's growth was benign and that he is feelin better. We've missed you.

Roxy

Unknown said...

yay - welcome back!! And very glad to hear that your big bro is doing just fine. He is a brave guy. I would have milked that surgery for all the time off I could have.

Liss said...

You're a cut pug. Hello!
-Liss
http://pursnsnorts.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Holden is alright and that he bounced back pretty quickly!!
:)

Nevis said...

That's SO weird! I had a groth in the in upper roof of my mouth, by the jawline. It didn't hurt but it was hard. I had an oral surgen get rid of it in July. It turned out to be a begin tumor. Still...weird and kinda freaky!