Thursday, September 11, 2008

Happy Patriotic Day!

Hi everyone! Mom continues to be a big ol slacker and choose WORK over my blog (the NERVE of that woman!) but she did take a few cute snaps this morning while I was helping Holden wait for the bus!
Photobucket
What a cool outfit! VERY patriotic!

Holden's school declared today (the 7th anniversary of September 11th) as PATRIOTIC DAY and asked all the kids and teachers to wear red,white and blue. Holden looked quite festive, as did Maya and India...our neighbors across the street!
Photobucket
That's India (6th grade), Maya (1st grade) and Holden (4th grade) as we're waiting for that evil cheesewagon to show up.

Mom is pretty much mentally challenged for the first hour she is awake, so she didn't even THINK of putting an outfit on ME! Nice!
Photobucket
HELLOOOOOO??? Can't I be patriotic too????

Today is also Grandpa Conrad's birthday!!! He is 92 today (OMG...that's like 644 in dog years!!!). He was celebrating by going out to dinner to Texas Roadhouse (his favorite restaurant!) with his friends this evening. Here is a recent (taken 3 weeks ago) pic that was taken while mom and dad were in Michigan. I don't get to see Great Grandpa very often because he lives so far away, but I mailed him a card with a PUG on it that looked just like me, and I gave him a sloppy kiss over the phone this morning!
Friday garage sale
That's grandpa in the front next to Mimi (my grandma) then in the back is mommy (Laura) and daddy (Kevin).

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GREAT GRANDPA and HAPPY PATRIOTIC DAY USA!!!!!!!!!
Hmmm...I think both occasions call for cake! MMMMM!

6 comments:

Archie and Melissa said...

happy patriotic day! what a wonderful way for the school to recognize sept 11th.
salinger, you are just the cutest pug ever! i love your pictures and happy birthday to great grandpa! what a wonderful post. full of love, life and celebrations.
xo
m & e

The Devil Dog said...

Happy Birthday Great Grandpa. (Boy, does your dad look like him or what?) You are very cute Salinger. Shame on your mom for no costume! Sheesh! Parents some times!

Roxy

Unknown said...

Aww - the kiddies look great in their stars and stripes! That is a great way to recognize 9-11 - sort of more uplifting and forward looking. I like it.

Puddleglum said...

Cool patriotic stuff!

I am a ball of rabid energy in the morning. NO WAY would I sit still for a costuming.

Nevis said...

Happy Patriotic Day back at ya!

Lovely pictures and Holden & Salinger are adorable. :) Do you scrapbook? If so, those would make some lovely photos for a layout.

Sandra y Coco Pug said...

Hi Salinger
This was my first blogging day, too. I intended to start on wed the 10th (Coco's 3rd birthday) but it took me longer to finish the layout... I hope that your mom will take sometime from work and read about Coco soon!
Sandra