Friday, July 18, 2008

It's SO hot!

Mom said that yesterday was a DOG DAY of summer! It wasn't very "dog friendly" though because it was a bajillion degrees outside! Mommy is still dragging me out of bed to walk before the sun comes up and then again when the sun goes down and I'm trying to snuggle down and relax.
Photobucket
ANOTHER walk? Lady...you're killin' me!


Mommy and Holden went to the Hamilton County 4H fair yesterday to see all the animals and to see my buddy PUGSLEY (who needs his own blog...dontcha think?) compete in his first obedience show with his brother Justin! There was a long list of dogs to show and Mommy and Holden were starting to melt, so they came home before Pugsley's big performance, but we heard that Pugsley took home a blue ribbon! WHOOHOO! Pugsley's mom emailed us some nice pictures.
Photobucket
This is Pugsley and his brother Justin and the hordes of adoring fans behind them!

After dinner, the humans watched a show they recorded on the DVR called "Tori and Dean" (daddy says they remind him of he and mommy, without all the issues and drama). I love the show because sometimes Mimi LaRue (she was a FABULOUS pug and she just died a few weeks ago :-( is on the screen! I don't care much for other dogs on TV, but when a doorbell or PUG is on...you can bet I'm going to check it out!
Photobucket
I'm checking out the faaaaaabulous Mimi LaRue!

That's about all that went on here yesterday. Like mom said...DOG day of summer, which means I get to be laaaaazy!

Happy Friday everyone!

4 comments:

Puddleglum said...

Happy Friday!

I sympathize. Dad took me to the dog park yesterday, and it was HOT!

Of course, here in Colorado I don't have to deal with humidity: Dad used to live in Illinois and tells me every day to thank my lucky stars for that. OK... I pick that one, that one, and that one. Thank you!

Molly the Airedale said...

Congratulations to Pugsley! Yes, he DEFINITELY needs his own bloggie!
It's hot here today too, Salinger! We gotta have some ice cream to cool off! How about you?

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Archie and Melissa said...

hi s-dog!
oh hot weather can be tough! good reason to stay around the house. we hope the weather breaks this weekend. emmitt says he likes to watch tv just like you. his little nose right up against the screen.
:)

The Devil Dog said...

We have had those days too this week. Lucky for us, mom believes in a/c. Congrats to Pugsley on his Blue Ribbon. He does need his own blog.

Roxy