Friday, April 10, 2009

Mom's kvetch of the day...

Ok, mom wants everyone to know that she's NO tree hugger, but she IS trying her best to make an effort to be "greenish". She stopped being all yelly about those farkakte twirly light bulbs that dad put everywhere in the house and she is QUITE proud of her big shopping tote bag collection!

SO...when she went to WalMart today to pick up flour, salsa, vitamins and new soccer socks for Holden, she was a tad miffed about THIS waiting for her at the end of the checkout thing.
Photobucket
UM...HELLL-LLLOOOOO???????

She wants everyone to know that she is going to REUSE that offending plastic bag to pick up all my land mines in the backyard.

That will teach her to be browsing for GUM and to leave the cashier to scan/pack her stuff unsupervised! Sheesh!!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This has happened to me more than once as well. I think I left a long ranty comment on your myspace blog about this and how super super stupidly easy it would be to train cashiers to bag people's groceries with the bags they BROUGHT WITH THEM, DUMMIES!
I digress....
But yes, they do make for good pug poop receptacles.

Stubby said...

Salinger - I know what your mom means. My mom stands over the cashiers like a hawk and almost always has to remind them to use her bags. Mom refuses to leave the store with any plastic bags, and has been known to take things out of plastic bags, hand them back to the cashier, and then put them in her bags. Wake up people! Oh, and it's not a bad thing to be a treehugger. I love trees - they are good to pee on. Stubby xoxo

A Tail of 3 Doggies said...

Salinger...your mom needs to keep
"Here's your Stupid Sign" cards in her purse. Dad says we should order them by the case!

Apollo said...

My Mommy has run into the same problem.

Anonymous said...

I hate that.. they will put everything into my HUGE bags i bring in, except for one item that they will put into plastic.
I usually rebag things at walmart anyways.. :p