Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I'm on DRUGS!!!

Maaaaaaaaan...I am SO strung out right now! You won't believe the last day and a half I've had!!!!!

Photobucket

It all started the night before last...all of a sudden, I started LIMPING on my front paw and crying! I walked upstairs to bed and seemed ok the next morning so mom didn't think much of it.......until I started doing it again yesterday afternoon!

Mom called Dr. Graves and his wonderful office worked us in right away so they could check me out. Dr. Graves moved me around in all these weird positions and then told mom that I have a pinched nerve in my neck/back and a few days of medicine and I should be fine.

Photobucket
These are my drugs. Stay back!

My drugs are Vetprofen and Robaxin (an anti inflammatory and a muscle relaxer). The Robaxin makes me LOOPY and I've been having fun chasing invisible bugs!!!
Photobucket
I SEEEEEE YOU in there!!!!!!!!!

The best part is that mommy gives me my drugs in some cream cheese (since I figured out that peanut butter = pills usually...I'm not falling for that). She thinks she's tricking me, but I totally know what she's doing. If these weren't "happy pills", I would totally have a problem with this.
Photobucket
Duuuuuude...cream cheese!!!

Ok...all this blogging has made me sleepy (again). Dr. Graves told mommy to call him if I was "excessively sleepy" and mommy asked what exactly he meant by that, since I am a PUG and all....so they agreed that if I slept for 23.5 hours (instead of my usual 23) that she would call.
Photobucket
She thinks she's SOOOOOOOOO funny. I'll humor her as long as she keeps the drugs coming!

Happy Hump Day everyone (hmmm...maybe that's how I got a pinched nerve...never thought of that).

9 comments:

Nevis said...

Poor Salinger!!! You're just the cutest thing and I feel terrible that you're ill. Hopefully the medicines help. And maybe you mummy will give you some extra cream cheese because you're sick!

Pug(s) and Bugg said...

Chasing invisible bugs or buggs? BOL!!!! Send some happy pills our way, our mom is soooo boring we need them!

-S, D, & H

Kelly said...

Salinger! Mom and I giggled through your whole post, you cute thing! I sure do hope those happy pills help your pinched nerve!

Momma took me to get my nail trim last week, and would believe they had to give me a mild SEDATIVE because I was SO scared of the clippers! When I got home, I had NO idea where I was. Mommy carried me around everywhere!

I used to think I was the most ridiculously spoiled dog in the world, but I think you are giving me some good competition! :)

The Devil Dog said...

Poor Salinger. We hope the happy meds make you feel better, and relieve that pinched nerve. Did you overdo it the other day?
As for chasing invisible bugs, Lucky was snapping at them last night. ha ha

Roxy

Pug Posse said...

Poor Salinger! But it sounds like the drugs are making life...more interesting for you :-) Our mommy uses marshmallows to give us drugs. Marshmallows are so good that Jasmine doesn't even care if there's a pill inside or not!
Feel better soon!
The Pug Posse

Puddleglum said...

Welcome back! I hope you catch some of those invisible bugs!

Archie and Melissa said...

oh salinger. ouchie!
i am so glad you have such a great momma to take care of you! you will feel all better in no time!
xo
m & e

Anonymous said...

You poor guy!! That hurts! Enjoy your meds and I hope you feel better soon!! Well painwise.. anyways.. :)

Paula said...

2 of my 3 pugs have had something similar. I do hope you are feeling better.