Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Portrait of ANOTHER famous relative!

Hello there everyone! Today we have another glimpse into my interesting family history for you all! You may remember the fine portraits that mom acquired of my 7th Great Aunt Fanny and my 18th Great Grandfather, Colonel Hampton the Flying Ace...but thanks to the (fictional) website called Pugcestry.com, mom has found another ancestory of mine....

Meet famed journalist PUGWARD R. MURROW!!!!

(be sure to click to biggify....Pugward's image is made of NEWSPAPER print!)
Isn't the resemblace UNCANNY????


It's a little known fact that my pugcestor, Pugward R. Murrow was the reporter that broke the big scandal between (then) King Edward and Wallis Simpson!!
Here is a photo of Duke of Windsor, Edward VIII, and Duchess of Windsor, Wallis Simpson taken April 21, 1954

It's been said that Mr. Murrow was able to break the scandal due to some tips from some "UNKNOWN" sources very close to Mrs. Simpson in exchange for treats!!!
In case you're not familiar with this story (or didn't see "The King's Speech"), King Edward VIII fell in love with Mrs. Wallis Simpson, not only an American, but also a married woman already once divorced. Yet, in order to marry the woman he loved, King Edward was willing to give up the British throne - and he did!!! WOW...that's a story fit for TMZ if we ever heard one!!!



We did some digging and Pugward was the proud recipient of several awards for his fine work in the field of journalism, including a PUGBODY and 2 PUGLITZERS!!! Wow!

VERRRY impressive!!!!


You may be very surprised to find that there are copies of my famous pugcestor's print available at TJ Maxx in their fine art department. I really must have mom check into the legal aspect of this as I'm SURE there must be royalties involved for using my pugcestor's likeness...don't you think???

Happy Hump Day everyone!!!

10 comments:

Chicas Libelulas said...

Hola Chicas!!!
Oh my you have so famous ancesters!!! La Mamma says the most great great great aunt is Linda Pugstant!! your is Pugward R. Murrow is more royal, We think you should add an alarm sistem just for that portrait it is priceless!! Bechos Chicas
Spongy & Licky

agent99 said...

You had me with the matching head tilts.....

Kitty+Coco said...

Dang it, now I must go out and rent the King's Speech tonight. Love the portrait! Fun stuff.

Kitty and Coco

Minnie and Mack said...

He he he. We must be related. I also have some ancestor portraits from TJ Maxx as well!

Drools and licks,
Minnie and Mack

Archie and Melissa said...

hi salinger!
oh this is fabulous!
we have your potrait hanging right here in the office!
TJMaxx has wonderful treasures and this is the best one we have found!
xoxoxo

Two French Bulldogs said...

So famous!! And we thought it was you in the picture, BOL
Benny & Lily

Wilma said...

I am not surprised by your royal lineage Salinger. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if our family lines intersected at some point!

Payton said...

Sal...or should I say Turd Ferguson? As much as I like the portrait, I think you are much cuter!
Love,
Payton

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Oh Salinger.. I thought it was your brother..
He looks just like you
You have famous jeans,
love
tweedles

Vito and Gina said...

Oh Sal, we just love when you stick your chin up in the air all distinguished-like! When are you going to get your very own newspaper-print picture??

Later!
Vito