Thursday, June 11, 2009

Salinger the Pug's Food Critic's Corner

Bonjour mes chiens! Welcome to our first ever installment of Salinger the Pug's Food Critic's Corner!

Today we will be reviewing MR. PUGSLEY'S PEANUT BUTTER TREATS that Stubby brought me!
Photobucket
Here's me posing with MY box and also the box that mom got for Pugsley for his birthday present (get it? PUGSLEY...MR. PUGSLEY?!)!


Ok...taking in the boquet.....very peanutty on the nose.
Photobucket
I'm also picking up notes of quinoa and brown rice, how INTOXICATING!


Now for a nice bite...
Photobucket


They are VERY crunchy, but not too hard on the ol chompers!
Photobucket
NOM NOM NOM NOM!


I think the fact that they break apart easily makes it more fun because it's like a bunch of little MINI treats to eat!
Photobucket


I'm going to eat another one while Mom puts in her two cents...
Photobucket

**(Mom's note)**Aside from the box and name being INCREDIBLY cute...the box says these are completely vegetarian (no animal by products) and are free of added sweeteners, salt or sugar. I have to think that since that's a good thing for people, it has to be good for doggies too...right? I also like that the only packaging is the cardboard box. There is NO plastic insert, so I feel like I'm being a good human and not adding more crap than I already do to a landfill. OH...and the Pug seems to like them too! **(End note)**


SO...I have to say that Mr. Pugsley's Peanut Butter biscuits get TWO PAWS UP! They are delicious and crunchy and overall a FABULOUS treat! Be sure to whine and give your human "the look" (demonstrated below) until they drive to Whole Foods (or other place that may sell these) and pick up a box. Do your best to make sure the picture of this Mr. Pugsley guy stays HIDDEN or your humans may get some stupid ideas about a new hat for you!
Photobucket

ALSO...since we're talking about food and treats here, be sure to check out Mom's new hairbrained FREEZER PROJECT blog. She's cleaning out the freezer and cooking all the crap she finds in there and taking pictures of it...so far there haven't been anything like Mr. Pugsley's treats...but I've gotten a few tasty bites here and there!
CHECK OUT THE NEW BLOG HERE (CLICK ME!)

6 comments:

Stubby said...

Salinger - How smart to do a food critic's corner! I guess I am always to busy eating my food to comment on it.

I'm so glad you like the Mr. Pugsley treats. I have been getting the delicious little bacon piggies your mom made for me instead of the Mr. Pugsley treats these day. Those piggies are too good to pass up!

Stubby xoxo

Unknown said...

HILarious. I cant' wait to see your freezer blog!! And I'm so jealous about meeting Stubby. One day I am going to just have to take an Indiana road trip with the pugs and meet a whole bunch of bloggers at once!

Archie and Melissa said...

hi salinger!
oh i must have a box of those!
thanks buddy!

just a sec.... "MoMMMMM .. can I pLEEEZ have tHEEEZ? *pug pointing at screen*

ok... order in... should be here anytime!
xoxoxo
e

Mia said...

Glad to hear your morning drama was nothing serious. Maybe mom will feel bad and give you some extra treats!!!
Have a great weekend and enjoy woofstock!!!

C.l.o.v.e.r. said...

Hi Salinger!
I am back on the blog scene. Please come by my new blog, and if you would like to link to me, can you please list me as "Sunshine and Mud Puddles"? Thanks!
What a pawesome new job you've got there!
xo

Hank said...

Sal....don't bogart the biscuits, man!!!

Who's yer buddy??? :o