Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Our day with Stubby!

Yes, the rumors are true...I MET STUBBY!!!!
Photobucket
Here he is...the Pug, the myth, the legend (with his daddy Gerry and pretty mommy Michele)!

Stubby's family went to the Indy Pug Meetup with us on Saturday and got to meet some of our other buddies! Unfortunately...MOST were in Kentucky at the Pugapalooza, but it was still a lot of fun!
Photobucket
Here is the traditional "Blogger" pic!
Stubby with his mom Michele
Apollo with his mom Jami
Me (Salinger) with my mom Laura

We celebrated Apollo's birthday at Meetup! His birthday was last month, but his mom brought CAKE for a belated celebration!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Happy Birthday Buddy!!!

In honor of Apollo's birthday and Stubby's visit...I did my impression of a French Bulldog! HAHAHA
Photobucket

It was starting to get a bit warm out...so Daddy and Holden posed with me for one more meetup pic
Photobucket

Stubby and his family came back to our house for some lunch in the nice, cool AC!
Photobucket
Stubby cooled off on the kitchen floor while I chatted with his mom.

We had a yummy lunch of grilled pizza scraps (from the people) and bits of carrot. We were very gentlemenly and got to sit at the table!
Photobucket

Stubby's family brought us the nicest presents!!! What a nice surprise!!!!
Photobucket
Can you BELIEVE all this good stuff! The bag even had PUG STAMPS on it!!!

There was wine from Biltmore Estate (MMM!)
Photobucket
and this adorable tile that Michele and Gerry had made for us! LOOK! That's ME on the tile!!!! How COOL is that???
Photobucket
Dogs are just kids with fur! (well, DUH!)

Mr. Pugsley's peanut butter treats!!!
Photobucket
Heeeyyy...these look familiar!!! CLICK HERE!
(shhh...don't tell Pugsley...but mom went to Whole Foods and got him a box for his birthday too!!!)
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Gerry, Michele and Stubby for the thoughtful gifts!

After lunch, we went outside and played in the yard for a bit...
Photobucket

Then it was time for Stubby and his peeps to head back to Chicago, so we thanked them for spending time with us and I gave Stubby's mom some kisses (awwww!)
Photobucket

and told her that we'd road trip up to Chicago soon to see them again!
Photobucket

We had such a nice time and I had fun playing with my new buddy!!!
Photobucket
"Mom, can we go to Chicago tomorrow?"


Ok...changing gears....
Some of you may know that Holden is spending a few weeks in Ohio with his dad, so Kevin and I decided this was a great time to conduct a little "experiement" and also clean out our OUT OF CONTROL freezers at the same time. Check out our new FREEZER EXPERIMENT blog that we're going to do for 30 days...but maybe more. We'll see how it goes. Let us know what you think!!!

6 comments:

Stubby said...

Salinger dude - What a great post about me! Your mom takes such great pictures and she captured my good side each time.

I'm so glad you liked your gifts because I personally picked them out. I think you should get up to Chicago soon so that I can show you my town!

Stubby xoxo

pee-s: Are you taking part in the freezer experiment? If I were you, I would tell mom and dad to defrost all the meat first.

dw said...

What a great post! Such lovely puggy pictures and such a terrific meeting! Stubby from Chicago? :) I'm from Chicago, too, though I'm still looking for a little puggy to give a home to. All these pug meet-ups and events have me very envious!

Hank said...

Dang it! Cake at meetup AND Pugapalooza, and I wasn't at either!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Oh I am so jealous of the happy time you had. But I am also very happy that you had this special time together. It looked like a real ball with all those pug friends, pug people and food!
xoxox
tweedles

Archie and Melissa said...

what a great time!
we love all of the pictures and wish we lived closer!
your new blog is so much fun! we love it!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! It looks like you guys had lots of fun!
Plus you look like you were very well behaved Salinger lol