Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Mutt Strut!

Sunday morning started off nice and sunny, so Mom, Dad and Holden put me in the car and we took off...
Photobucket
We went to the Indy Motor Speedway (yes, where they drive the fast cars for the Indy 500!) for the annual MUTT STRUT!
Photobucket


As we were driving there...it started POURING down rain, but mom said that she came prepared!
Photobucket
Aw CRAP...I have to wear this farkakte RAINCOAT???


It was raining and really windy, so we didn't check out too many of the tents on the Plaza...but I INSISTED that mom stop and let me visit THIS one!!
Photobucket
They were really nice and gave mom a cool magnet when she told them that *I* was gay! How fabulous!!!


I met up with some of my PugBuddies....
Some of the PUG Posse was there (in their PUGwagon!)
Photobucket
That's Neecy in the back...she's probably summoning the Mother Ship again (she's an alien)


My buddies Hank and Molly were there with Aunt Sarah (in their "DadGum Baby Buggy" as Hank calls it!)
Photobucket
Hank is saying "WHERE'S THE BEEF?" Hahahahaa!


There were a LOT of doggies there that we didn't know...here were some of our favorites...

Photobucket
A cute Frenchie named BRUNO!

Photobucket
Another cute Frenchie that rolled over for a TUMMY rub! (We forgot his name!)

Photobucket
These Huskies cracked us up...they all sat so nicely and POSED for a picture!! How in the Pug did their peeps get them to do that without the promise of a cheese buffet?

Some lucky dude named MAX got to ride on the track in THIS!
Photobucket
His own Indy car!!!

We walked the entire 2.5 mile track with Aunt Sarah, Hank and Molly. We were SOAKED!

Photobucket
Mom is shivering seeing this pic!

Holden pushed Molly in her stroller and she YAPPED the WHOLE TIME!!!
Photobucket
Holden's trying to figure out what O'Mally has her panties in a bunch about!

Here's a cool shot of Daddy and I
Photobucket
CHEESY!

Here we are at the finish line (apparently these are the old original bricks from when the track was first built....it's a pretty big deal, or so we're told!)
Photobucket

Yay! All done!
Photobucket
Good job Aunt Sarah, Hank and Molly!

Thanks for coming to the Mutt Strut with us!
Photobucket
Hopefully it won't be raining next year!

Happy Tuesday!!

16 comments:

Two French Bulldogs said...

Holy crap Salinger what a cool event. Too bad it rained. Hope you had fun anyway. I didn't know I was there! That frenchie is an poster! There must have been tons of snorting going on BOL
Benny & Lily

Wilma said...

How devoted you are Sal, I personally don't like to get my paws wet in the rain. How fun you got to see some bloggy friends.

Unknown said...

Wow, my group is shivering just thinking about walking in the rain! They told me to tell you that you guys are amazing!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!

Brutus, Ellie, Pippa and Otto said...

Even with the rain, it looks like you had a great time! Mom & Dad were going to take us, but since neither of us are particularly thrilled about being out in the rain they decided against it.

Love you Mom's hat :) GO WINGS!!! - Lord knows that they need all the help they can get :(

Pugs & Kisses,

Yoda & Brutus

Anonymous said...

Cool idea, crappy weather! Looks like you had fun though :)

The WriggleButts said...

Okay so it was a little wet, but other than that it looks great!

B

Kelly said...

Wow Sal, it does look a little bit wet and yucky! I am so glad you guys toughed it out for a good cause!

You look TOTES CUTE in your raincoat!!!!!

xoxoxo

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

Too bad about all the rain and on top opf that wearing a rain coat! Ugh I have a silly yellow one too I hates wearing. So cool you got a magnet though from those pawsome peeps!!

Sequoia

Hank said...

Sal, buddy.....we sure had fun struttin' with the mutts an' you. Mom still can't believe how fast yer little legs can go!

Pee S: Next time, I'm gonna bring a padlock fer the CAN!!!

houndstooth said...

I saw a lot of posts on Twitter about the Mutt Strut! What a cool event. I wish we had something like that here!

I think you look dapper in your raincoat!

Bunny

BRUTUS said...

Well it must have been a cool event if Frenchies were there! I hope they didn't have to walk too, cuz we Frenchies melt instantly in the rain! Pretty neat thing you got to do, though!

Snorts-
Brutus the Frenchie

Those Elgin Pugs said...

OMD Sal!!!

That looks like so much funs!!!! I wish I was there too. (well, only if the sun was outs...hee hee!) Sal, you looked so cutes in your rain coats. Izzy has a purple one. She won't let me borrow its besides I don't want her germs anyway! Glad to see the green machine was there with Hanklin and O'maller! Too bad I couldn't have raced 'um in mys Pink Puggie Buggie! Next times tell the sun to shine!
But I forgots...You like 'dem rainbows (hee hee hee.)
Love ya , Josie

Oakley and Swisher said...

S-dog looks like you had an awesome time at the mutt-strutt. Looks like fun, too bad about the rain.

Congrats to your Red Wings for winning tonight. We are Sharks fans at our house so, we are working on a post we think you'll like to read, if blogger cooperates with uploading pictures, it should be up soon.

Lots of Licks--
Oak and Swish

Dana Orsborn said...

Salinger looks so man-cute in his
raincoat! Very sexy. He's one brave
pug for hanging out in that rain.
Looks like you had a fun time
despite the weather.

I hope you are having a great
week!

-Dana

Apollo said...

Looks like you still had a good time, in spite of the rain. I'm glad you got to meet some of your "homies" at that booth. We couldn't go this year, but I hope I can go next year. That dog's car was really cool. Tell your Dad that he needs to make you one.

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hey there Salinger
you looked cool in that raincoat for sure.
You really gave it your all walking in that pouring down rain.
Cool about the magnet thiny.
You were all brave souls and for such a good cause!
love
tweedles