Monday, April 19, 2010

Another birthday present!?

Hi everyone! We had SUCH a busy weekend! Mom is going to post about it in pieces because I'm still taking a nap and recovering.

Saturday afternoon THE CLARKS (sans The Pug Corral) came by to visit, rub my tummy, and bring me a BIRTHDAY PRESENT!!!!
Photobucket
"HI Julie and Bill!!!" (James and Rita, the Younglings were on the other side of the room).


Oooohhhh a present for ME?
Photobucket
I recognize this smell....it's from THREE DOG BAKERY!


WHAAAAAAT IS IT????
Photobucket
Photobucket
MMMMM RUFFLES (like truffles, but RUFFFFles....get it?)!!!! OH thank you Clark Family(and thank you for feeding them to me, Julie!)!!!!


Wait...there's MORE???
Photobucket
NO WAY! My very own OCTOPUS (or "oppopus" as Holden used to say when he was a baby!)! My new oppopus has crinkly stuff in his legs and I named him "STANLEY" (Red Wings fans will get that reference!)


Thank you so much Clark Family! You shouldn't have (but I'm SO glad that you did!!!) Come by any time!

Happy Monday to everyone!

16 comments:

Two French Bulldogs said...

You go Sal. Nuttin better than an extended birthday!
Benny & Lily

Anonymous said...

oooh candy!
Stanley is very cute and we have one too. Those TY toys are awesome.

But shouldn't you have named him Tiger? moohahahaha!

Kelly said...

Sal, you deserve the extended birthday! Soak it up!!!

I loved your tribute to Penny!

xoxo

Dallas Clark, Reggie Wayne, and Peyton Annie Manning said...

Thank you for the blog spot, Sally! I am so glad you enjoyed your birthday. We very much enjoyed visiting with you!
Mr. Bill, Miss Julie and the Younglings

Those Elgin Pugs said...

Oh Sal -

Rock on with your Bad Birthday self!!! You go! Birthday Month Man all the way!!!
Nice presents!!!
Care to share some of 'dem treats???
xoxoxo,
Josie, Izzy, and Anakin

dw said...

Wow, great treats from your favorite bakery AND an octopus during hockey playoffs? Wow, you're one lucky puggie, dude!!

*I get the reference and, well, sorry dude, but I ain't no Red Wings fan! Maybe you need to be an original six fan to get the reference*

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

Pawsome gift! We have the same one...and we loves it! You and Stanley will ave so much fun!!!

S&P

houndstooth said...

Anything from Three Dog Bakery is good in my book! Enjoy those great presents!

Bunny

Stubby said...

Sal dude! You really know how to party! I think I may have to extend my birthday to at least a year this week since I'm going to be a teenager. Maybe I will get some cool presents like you did.

Stubby xoxo

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Salinger - way to go
Party On! More extentions all month long!
love
tweedles

Diane said...

Good for you, Sal! A pug can never have too many birthday presents. Enjoy all your new treasures. xoxo Diane

Smushie Ranch said...

Sal, awesome! Well, 3 years. Shouldn't ya get to celebrate for 3 weeks? Sounds good to us.

Say, what's been up with your other half Pugsley lately? Did he come over to help celebrate your big day?

Stella, Gunther and Betty

Apollo said...

That was so cool of them! What better present than a stuffie and gourmet treats. My Mommy debated about getting the octopus for me for Easter, but ended up getting the frog instead. His name is Mr. Fisher...you remember him? from Beatrix Potter. I'm sure you do Mr. Salinger, literary Pug you are. :)

Martha said...

Happy Belated Birthday wishes to you!
We hope you enjoyed your treats.
love
Martha & Bailey xxx

The Devil Dog said...

What great gifts, but of course you deserve them.

Roxy & Lucky

Archie and Melissa said...

yay salinger!
i think everyday should be your birthday! you are just that special!
xoxox
m & e