Thursday, April 8, 2010

April Puggy Meetup (last Saturday)!

Mom is still playing "catch up" (mmm ketchup?) with everything, so here is our post about Puggy Meetup last Saturday at Broadripple Park!

Photobucket
Here I am riding in the car...OOOHHHH I love car rides!!!


It rained earlier in the morning, but the sun came out on the way to the park and it turned out to be a pretty Spring day for our meetup!
Photobucket
"AAAAHHHHH SUN!"


We think the earlier rain kept most people away, so it was a nice intimate crowd!
Photobucket


Here I am hiding and acting turdley while Mom paid attention to other puggies...
Photobucket


Here is mom with the newest member of the Pug Posse...ROMEO! He is SO fluffy and SO sweet and just melts into your arms!
Photobucket
You can read about sweet Romeo HERE on the Pug Posse's blog. Our good friend Jami (Apollo's mom) busted up what we think was a puppy mill and she was able to "spring" Romeo! YAY!


Speaking of Apollo....he has a new girlfriend (at least that's what SHE seems to think!). Her name is Maggie Pug and she's the newest Indy Blogger!!! Check out her bloggie here and check out this picture of Maggie in "action" (she's the one in the pink t-shirt)!
Photobucket
Wait...I think we need a closer look at this....
Photobucket
HOLY PUG! Someone get the hose!!!!!
The entire Meetup group talked about chipping in to buy Maggie a dominatrix costume, but she seemed to be able to tell ol' Apollo what was up without it!!!!! ;-)


This is our other new buddy, Claude Pug!!!! He doesn't have a bloggie yet, but we're working on it!
Photobucket
Isn't he HANDSOME????


Pippin (a.k.a. The Pugfather) had some sort of "message" for his Puggy Minions...
Photobucket
We think the headless monkey pinata means something along the lines of "Luca Brazi sleeps with the fishes". Yikes! Don't cross Pippin!!!!

Claude's daddy took some great pictures...here is one of the Indy Bloggers that were there this time...
Photobucket
Front row is Mom (with me)
Vikki from The Pug Posse
Jami with Apollo
Cindy with Yoda and Brutus
back row is Jessica with Lilo


I started to get whiney and overstimulated, so it was time to go home...
Photobucket
"ROOOOOOOO!"


Mom had to assure me that I'M still her favorite...
Photobucket
Heh heh heh! She's such a sucker!!!!

Happy Thursday everyone!

14 comments:

Brutus, Ellie, Pippa and Otto said...

Salinger - it was so nice to see you on Saturday. The rain almost kept us away too, but mom had faith the rain would stop and the sun would shine and she was right!

Pugs & Kisses,

Yoda & Brutus

Two French Bulldogs said...

Thank goodness the rain stopped! Getting ready for the pugalicious event sounds pretty exciting. Adorable pictures
have a fun day
Luv
Benny & Lily

Anonymous said...

Haha Salinger its a rare photo shoot with you that doesn't have your cranky wtf face!! lol
Looks like you had fun :)

Apollo said...

It was great seeing ya on Saturday. I'm sorry I didn't talk/play with you more. I was a bit...distracted. But gosh! Look what happens when you let someone take R-rated pictures of you! You end up on the internet! I know Maggie's not your type of Spicy Girl, but I think she'd make a great Fairy Pugmother! Haha!

Kelly said...

I am LOLing at Maggie! A girl on a mission!!!

Sal, you have the sweetest smile in that 2nd picture. You are a puggie model!

PS I like your mommas shirt. She is too stinkin' cute.

Stubby said...

Salinger dude - I HATE ketchup. My peeps know to keep ketchup off my plate or else.

I have to say that your teeth are very pretty. I'm having toofus envy :(

I wish I could have been at your meetup. I'm planing a trip down there this year but who knows when it will be. Hey, maybe you can come up here for a meetup *wink, wink*!

Stubby xoxo

houndstooth said...

You have your mom pretty well-trained! I think I'm going to have nightmares if I see a pug in black leather, though!

Bunny

Those Elgin Pugs said...

We love seeing these pictures of all the Puggies with all their people. We keep telling Mommy and Daddy that Chicago isn't far!!! We want to go!!! Maggie is so sweet on Apollo. Has he taken her outs yet??? She's a cutie!!!
And Sal - is that Mommy of yours home yet??
XOXOXO,
Josie, Izzy, and Anakin

Unknown said...

And the fun continues. What a group! And coincidentally we're having "ketchup" here too...
Twinkie

BRUTUS said...

*sigh*
You puggies are such social creatures! Very jealous that we Frenchies just can't get it together like that. Even if we did, we'd probably have to keep looking for new venues, as we'd create such a ruckus we'd get kicked out of each park for life. We can all be a bit "turdley" (love that term BTW) you know!

Sonic said...

Hahaha so many pugs! It must be nice to really belong to a community.

I'm a half-breed, so I guess I don't really have much of a "Silkese" community. But I'm pretty happy with the blogging community.

Sonic

Sandy said...

Wow, you guys have a good meetup up there. Plenty of puggy blogging friends! Romeo is a sweet-looking boy!

Smushie Ranch said...

Sal, Your mom is such a hussy! If she isn't flying around the country, she's lovin' on other pugs. Dayum! Gotta admit though, Romeo is F I N E! I'd do him.

Gunther

Archie and Melissa said...

oh what a fun meet up salinger!
we wish we could have come too, but your great photos make us feel like we ere there!
xoxoxo
m & e