Sunday, January 31, 2010

While the peeps were away....

Wow...what a weird last few days! Mom and Dad went to Michigan to say goodbye to Great Grandpa on Wednesday....THEN, while they were away...my namesake (J.D. Salinger) passed away too!!!


Mom says this connection is "eerie" because when she was 15, Great Grandpa gave her THIS book...

...and told her something to the effect of "This book will really speak to you". I guess it did, since she named my human brother (Holden) after Holden Caulfield!

How odd that Great Grandpa and Mr. Salinger both died within a few days of each other! Mom says that if there were/is such a thing as an afterlife, she's pretty sure they're both enjoying a nice cocktail together and having a fabulous time!

ANYWAY...I stayed at Little Rascals again while the Peeps were gone...

I was in the Taj Mutt Hall Suite (I enjoy the sun streaming in from the window).

Lloyd and Gail sent an email to mom and notified her that they had to remove the phone from my private suite because of THIS....

AND breadsticks too!!!

"What? I am staying in a first class hotel and you expect me to eat KIBBLE?"

SO...we're all home safe and sound and ready for a new week.

Happy Sunday everyone!!!

15 comments:

Pugsley and Lola said...

I miss you!!!!! We need to hang out soon:) I am working on a VERY special Valentine for you!!!

I Love you man!!!
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOX
Pugsley

Stubby said...

Salinger dude! Why didn't you order some Popeyes? I'm sure they would have delivered it to you.

Tell your mom that you have to have a phone in your suite because you have to talk to your ladies (and Pugsley).

So glad you and your peeps are back home.

Stubby xoxo

Pugsley and Lola said...

BTW!! We left you an award on our blog:)

Hank said...

Sal, buddy......now that is REAL weird that yer great gramps an' namesake would pass away just within a few days of each other! I'm perty sure they're up there enjoyin' a cocktail. I wonder if my sis Becca is layin' at their feet?

Now I don't see whut's so wrong with you orderin' pizza. 'Cept ya didn't invite ME over.

houndstooth said...

I'm glad your family got home safely! It looks like you were living the life while they were gone! Woooo! After that pizza, though, it's possible nobody will want to sleep with you...

Bunny

Two French Bulldogs said...

What is wrong with ordering pizza? Humans!
Benny & Lily

dw said...

Sheesh, what does a pug have to do to get some food around here! Your mom takes the phone away after you just order some snackin' pizza and breadsticks and mine is giving me this kibble crap! But the cookies I get are quite yummy, though mom's been real scarce with them -- what's that all about?? Glad to have you back blogging, Salinger! Btw, it's nice to officially meet you!

"I had you big time!"
Love,
Rainy

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Salinger
I think that is abuse for the phone to be removed.
What's a pug to do for entertainment anyway?
And no tasty pizza?
love
tweedles

Kirsten said...

I hope you weren't ordering up a "dog lady of the evening" too!!

Smushie Ranch said...

SAL! We were all thinking the same ding dang thing. You, Holden... just too weird. Like kismet or somethin'.

Anyhoo. Dude, how did you handle having' to go home after stayin' at the Ritz?? I would have thrown myself on the floor and pitched a first class tantrum. At least see if your mom and dad can spring for a decent bed like the one pug hotel.

See ya Sal, I'll keep the light on for ya.

Gunther

agent99 said...

Hmmph! No takeout privlidges? We might need to report your folks to the ASPCA!! And a soon-to-be Pet Trick Star? For shame.....
Good Luck today, break a paw!

Love
Gen & the Foo

Anonymous said...

I saw that last week and I immediately thought of you.

mmm pizza hut.. mmm

Archie and Melissa said...

hi salinger!
oh what a neat post! yes, i think jd salinger and great grandpa are smiling down on your whole family.

emmitt wants the phone number to pizza hut! i could have sworn i just heard him bark *bread sticks*

xoxoxox
m & e

Kelly said...

Sal, I am so glad you got to live your (usual) pampered lifestyle while the fam was out of town. That is such a strange coincidence abotu JD Salinger! I think you're right about he and your great grandpa enjoying eachother's company..

OK... right now it is 1:35 here in OK... which makes it 2:35 in IN... which means you are auditioning for the DL Show RIGHT NOWWWW!!!

CROSSING MY PAWS FOR YA!

xoxo
Pearly

Unknown said...

You can always get a hold of another phone. Don't worry. Just figure out all the phone locations. Then you can go online and check out delivery in your area. Don't limit yourself.
Twink!