Thursday, January 21, 2010

My cup dumpeth over!

MOOOOOOOM!!! Holden ate all the white chocolate chips! Can I have more?

***Mom's note*** before anyone gets their panties in a wad....they are WHITE chocolate chips, which are NOT technically chocolate at all since they contain no cocoa (just cocoa butter). NOT puggie poison and only given as a treatable in VERY small quantities!


BRUTUS said...

I hate it when that happens!!

Brutus the Frenchie

Twinkietinydog said...

You know, Salinger, if it was up to me the answer would always be "yes", especially if you would be willing to share ;)

Arlo the Pug said...

Oh man! Maybe you will get more out of sympathy. Just turn on the pug eyes! Lol.

houndstooth said...

I've had those, too! They're delicious!


Benny and Lily said...

Send mom to the store..asap
Benny & Lily

Sequoia & Petunia said...

Awww you needs a refill, stat!

Pug(s) and Bugg said...

BOL! That Holden bogarted all your chips? That is so ruddde! You better get him back!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

You must not run out!
You could go through withdrawls.
then what!

Stella, Gunther & Betty said...

Ohhhh, I think we're gonna freak out! We're gonna lecture your mom about feeding pugs chocolate and make her feel guilty... guilty for not sharing some of those white morsels of heaven on earth with us!!

I see how you are, Sal. Blame it all on Holden. (Dayum, I wish I had a Holden to blame crap on...)

Peace out!

Stubby said...

Sal dude! I just have to ask - what do those little chips look like when they come out? I mean they look good but Mom would freak out if they looked the same going in as coming out!

Stubby xoxo

Puglette said...

brothers, what are you going to do!?! you can have all my white chocolate, salinger. i will keep all the dark chocolate.

Anonymous said...

"panties in a wad" hehehe

our mom's knickers are often in a twist, which we think might be the same thing.


Anonymous said...

This should eliminate you guilt.

Knowing which chocolate is the most toxic is important, but leaves one wondering how much must be eaten to poison a dog. The list in this box should be helpful. Maybe you can clip it and post it on your refrigerator?

White chocolate:
200 ounces per pound of body weight. It takes 250 pounds of white chocolate to cause signs of poisoning in a 20-pound dog, 125 pounds for a 10-pound dog.

Milk chocolate:
1 ounce per pound of body weight. Approximately one pound of milk chocolate is poisonous to a 20-pound dog; one-half pound for a 10-pound dog. The average chocolate bar contains 2 to 3 ounces of milk chocolate. It would take 2-3 candy bars to poison a 10 pound dog. Semi-sweet chocolate has a similar toxic level.

Sweet cocoa:
0.3 ounces per pound of body weight. One-third of a pound of sweet cocoa is toxic to a 20-pound dog; 1/6 pound for a 10-pound dog.

Baking chocolate:
0.1 ounce per pound body weight. Two one-ounce squares of bakers' chocolate is toxic to a 20-pound dog; one ounce for a 10-pound dog.