Friday, January 8, 2010

Tooth Fairy Friday

Hi everyone! You won't BELIEVE what went down here last night!

First off...Holden lost another one of his teeth (top right canine tooth) at school yesterday. The nurse put it in this cute treasure chest for him so he wouldn't lose it!

At bedtime...Holden put the tooth under his pillow for the Tooth Fairy to come get it.

WELL...since I'd never seen the Tooth Fairy before...I was a little surprised when she actually showed up in the middle of the night with her TUTU and magic wand!!!! I growled and did my best to protect Holden's tooth (after all, it was a CANINE tooth!)

This morning....Holden and I woke up to find THIS under his pillow...

Notice me standing on the pillow STILL GUARDING Holden's tooth!!!! Check out Holden's gappy smile too!

We also found THIS...

It's a NOTE from the TOOTH FAIRY! If you can't see it...it says...
"Dear Holden,
I left you your money for your tooth, but you have quite the watchdog in Salinger. He wouldn't let me take your tooth!
Please note that I have recorded the exact dimensions of your tooth for future reference, so it cannot be used as a substitute for other transactions.
Kindest regards,
The Tooth Fairy"

HAA! I foiled that Tooth Fairy's plan to take Holden's tooth and she STILL left him some money! I must have REALLY scared her! WOW...just imagine of that were a BURGLAR or something trying to steal Holden's Legos or something!!!

I totally think I deserve a cut of that fiver!!!

Hand it over, brother! I'm running low on Pegetables!!!!!

Happy Friday Everyone!!!

19 comments:

dw said...

Such a great guard dog, Salinger! Dude, you da best! Holden totally needs to share that dough!

Stubby said...

Salinger dude! That tooth fairy ain't got nothing on you! I totally think Holden should share some of that cash with you. You need your Pegetables!

Stubby xoxo

Pee-s: Mom says if you don't get your Pegetables she will send you some ginormous marshmallows!

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

You saws the teefs fairy! We are laughing at how grand a gaurd dog you are for the teefs. And yes you should get a cut of that money!

houndstooth said...

Salinger,

What a mighty watchdog you are! I think Holden ought to get you something with part of that green paper!

Bunny

Diane said...

You really are a tough guy, Mr. Salinger! I think you deserve, at least, a little treat for all that work! Have a great weekend.

Stacy Walker said...

Way to go S-Dog!

Brutus, Ellie, Pippa and Otto said...

Salinger, you're such a good guard dog - you totally deserve a cut of that $5.

Pugs & Kisses,

Yoda & Brutus

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Good job Salinger!
No body messes with you- not even the toofy ferry.
I agree you should get a portion of the money left or at least a tip!
love
tweedles

Two French Bulldogs said...

A tooth fairy Sal? Wow, if we only knew. Wonder if I could pull only one of my tooths out?
Benny & Lily

Hank said...

Sal, buddy.....now it just so happens that my mom knows the tooth fairy personally!!! (I think they met in school er somethin'.)

She warned the old gal not tuh mess with YOU.....just leave the moolah an' git the HAIL outta Dodge.

PS CANINE tooth - good one!

Dana Orsborn said...

Holden is bringing in the
big bucks with that tooth!
It's no wonder Salinger feels
the need to guard it!

Hope you have a great weekend!

-Dana & Penny

Archie and Melissa said...

LOL!
i just love your family!
have a wonderful weekend!
xoxoxo
m & e

Too Cute Pugs said...

Whoa! We're still stunned by what went down at your house. And we're wondering...I've (Pearl) have lost a few teeth (not because Mommy doesn't brush them because she does EVERY DAY!!!) and I haven't gotten a single penny. Next time I feel one coming loose, I'm asking you over for a sleepover Salinger. Then that lady in the tutu will leave ME some money (and I'll split it with ya).

Pug love from,
Pearl & Daisy

Unknown said...

Happy Friday to you too, Salinger! I missed you. I messed up all my subscriptions by Atom and I couldn't find your links. Phew, I just did :)
As for the tooth fairy, you think you fooled her, but she knows better. She's got your number, Salinger. She took the dimensions, don't forget.
Twink!

Sandy said...

Salinger..that toothfairy should have left you some money, too...after all the tooth fairy is RICH! Looks like the tooth fairy has gotten richer since I lost my teeth. Now...you keep an eye on Holden so that he doesn't try try to pull any of teeth out to make more money.

Smushie Ranch said...

Sal, great job guarding Holden and his tooth! But if you really love him, dude, get your butt hole off his pillow... we're just sayin'.

And you're right, he should use some of the 5 spot to buy you some cookies.

Stella, Gunther and Betty

Martha said...

Great work Salinger - seeing off the tooth fairy!
We have no little bipeds here so probably wont get to guard any toofees!
love and kisses
Martha & Bailey xxx

Page said...

wow, the tooth fairy is leaving better moo-la than i used to get! i would get 50 cents! ha! maybe my teeth weren't as pearly?? is it inflation??

Pug(s) and Bugg said...

We agree you need a cut! Have you ever lost a tooth Sal? Harley did a while ago... maybe if you get old and lose your toothies you'll get pegetables under your dog bed????