Monday, January 11, 2010

Note from mom

My Dearest Salinger Pug,

While I am quite aware of the fact that you enjoy treats and yummies, I feel that for our safety I must point out the following...

My pajamas have IMAGES of cupcakes, doughnuts, cookies, etc. on them, but PLEASE note that these images do NOT make my PJs EDIBLE!


I do find your gnawing at my yummy looking pantlegs to be quite adorable, BUT I must ask you please stop this behavior at once before one (or both) of us sustains an injury.

It is quite a challenge for me (a woman weighing one hundred and plenty pounds) to negotiate a flight of stairs with a crazed PUG (tipping the scales at TWENTY SIX pounds!) firmly attached to my leg.


While my great balance and dexterity (haha) have been of great benefit during these "sessions", I must point out that at any time, I could trip and fall which could have tragic results...


I could wind up breaking my leg, winding up in traction, and unable to be at your beck and call 24/7.


Please consider this the next time I am wearing these particular pajamas, and kindly just follow me into the kitchen and stare up at me in that pathetic manner and I will gladly provide you with a REAL foodable treat.


Thank you in advance for your cooperation and consideration with this matter. I am confident that our relationship will benefit greatly as a result of this minor change.

Love,
Mom

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey SalPuggy, this here is your good buddy Howie. Yew might wanna open yer mail today instead of jest chewin on it. Your maw sent you a legal notice, somethin about her wearin imitation food around the house and expectin yew to leave it alone. Sheesh. I thought my maw was picky.
supportive sympathies,
Bad Pee

dw said...

Salinger, dude! The real stuff has GOT to taste better than mom's jammies! And as far as getting her attention, those pathetic-looking-I-haven't-eaten-in-the-past-five-minutes eyes of yours will do the trick!

The Devil Dog said...

hahahahahahaha
That's pretty funny, Salinger.

Roxy

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha or you don't want to land on him when you go ass over teakettle down the stairs lol.

Gus likes to eat my robe... so it must be a pug thing!

Smushie Ranch said...

Oh for cryin' out loud Sal. Really? Your setting yourself up for a trip to the eye vet or a diet. Either way it's no bueno.

And dude, don't trip your mom out by trying to eat her pants. It'll make her think of that recent story in the news of the two pugs that snacked on their... well you know.

For the love of all that's good and puggie in this world... get a life Sal!

Snorts,
Gunther

Kelly said...

I've heard of edible undies... (don't ask me how)... but not edible pants! NICE!

xoxo
Pearl

The WriggleButts said...

Hahahahahaha... We're laughing so hard over here ;) Stop eating the jammies, S-dog!

B

Unknown said...

You know, I've heard it before: pugs don't do very well with smells. Salinger, you can't tell your momma's jammies apart from the food because of that, maybe. In any case, maybe you could have your mother design a body harness so you don't cause her to trip and fall. What if she hurst her treat-giving-hand? Think about it.
Twink!

houndstooth said...

Bwaaaaaaa ha ha ha! Oh, Salinger, I think your mom has a few points this time!

Bunny and her mom

Stubby said...

Salinger dude! Your mom is at your beck and call 24/7? Can she adopt me? You are indeed living the good life my friend.

I wait on my mom 24/7. Sheesh!

Stubby xoxo

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

Salinger we liked your note from your Mom! Mmmmm pj's!

Sonic said...

I understand, Salinger. I mean, if they didn't want us to chew on it... they wouldn't make it available for us to chew in the first place, right?

Sonic

Two French Bulldogs said...

Salinger doesn't mom realize you are just helping her down the stairs? Ah..moms
Benny & Lily

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Salinger
When your starving- whats a pug to do?
love
tweedles

Martha said...

Just asking for trouble if you ask us - wearing pyjamas covered in cakes!
love
Martha & Bailey xxx

agent99 said...

Sal,
We're gonna give you a tip: Don't trip that foot that is attched to the hand that feeds you (and spoils you stooopid). At least not on the stairs. We're just saying.....

Love
Gen & Foo

Hank said...

Sal, buddy.....that letter sounded awful perfessional an' business-like. Are you SURE she ain't in cahoots with Charles Hankey???

I'd be keepin' an eye on her if I wuz you!

Pug(s) and Bugg said...

BOL you better watch out Sal or your mom is going to get you PJ's with your human's favorite treatables on them and they'll walk around trying to bite YOU!