Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Fabulous Chicago trip (Part 1)

Dad has been talking about a business trip that he had coming up in Chicago and mentioned to mom that the hotel where he was booked was "Pet friendly" and suggested that Mom take me on a little vacation! OMG I KNOW people in Chicago!!!!!

When I came downstairs Monday...THESE were sitting by the back door!
Photobucket
LUGGAGE! The ladybug tag is on Mom's bag...and that big bag with the PUGGY TAG was MINE!!!!!!!


Mom got me all settled into the car for the 3.5 hour drive up to Chi-Town!
Photobucket
"Kindly wake me when we arrive, driver."


We stopped off at this cool DAIRY and mom picked up some fresh milk and CHEESE CURDS! NOM NOM NOM!
Photobucket
"Thank you cow! Your cheese curds are DIVINE!"


Mom/driver woke me when we got to the hotel and handed me to Daddy (he drove the other car up there)
Photobucket
"OOOHHH Embassy Suites! Am I the representative from the Pug Embassy?"


I found the hotel to be QUITE satisfactory...
Photobucket
I enjoyed their fine paw wiping station.
***MOM'S NOTE*** ok, I'm laughing myself stupid at the angle of this mat...we really didn't stay at the "Assy Suites Hotel"!!!


They had this COOL moving room thing with doors that closed when you pressed a button! It was like we were FLYING up over the foodables area!
Photobucket
WHEEEEEEEE!


Daddy unlocked our room and let me inside to sniff around...
Photobucket


Luckily, there was a big cloud bed, just like ours at home (only ours at home is cloudier...but I suppose this will do!)
Photobucket


Daddy and I checked out the room service menu...
Photobucket
"Pssshhhhh...NO FOIE GRAS??? I suppose a filet mignon will HAVE to do. Tell them to make it RARE and not to be cheap with the Bernaise sauce ok Dad???"


OK....that's enough for PART 1!!!! I had some very important meetings to attend while my assistant (mom) and I were up in the ChicagoLand area and we will devote our next few blog posts to each of these meetings in great detail!

Happy Hump Day everyone!

17 comments:

Two French Bulldogs said...

Was there a bone on your pillow?
Benny & Lily

Kitty+Coco said...

You lucky pug you. The "assy" suites looked pretty nice, have to tell ya. The bedspread even looked clean!

Cheese Curds you say? Hmm..Coco likes to eat things that rhymes with curds, but I know she is sick in the head. Yours sound a heck of a lot better.

Can't wait to see your visits post.

Kitty (and Coco)

Those Elgin Pugs said...

Oh Salsberry!!

So Good to see yous!! We's were readings yous bloggy eating somes of's yous Mommys nommy treats!!

'Dat hotels looks so cools!!

Hee Hee.. 'da Assy Suites..
Ummmmmm... Sal, deres a joke for sure, butt Mommy said no.

Hope yous got yous nommy foods from 'da menu's and enjoyed!!!

We's can't waits to see more pictures!!!!

pee-s

Yous Mommy and Daddy are sooo nice!! Yous pretty cools too!!

xoxoxo,
Your Pals,
hee hee...We's goin' be known as 'da Elgin Thugs (sorry 'dat Izzy and Anakins were nots so nice)
Josie the Sweetest Puggie

Pee-S...
Yous Mommy sending mores of her nommy treats our way?? hee hee

Chicas Libelulas said...

Hola!!!!!!!!
Saliger, we just love your Blog, and the way you tell stories of your Life. We are telling our pawrents, that we can travel with them like you, keep telling us about your trip so we can convince them
Love
Spongy & Leeky

houndstooth said...

Oh, Chicago is just the best! I hope you have tons of fun! *waves from downstate*

Bunny

Punchbugpug said...

Pug-friendly, now that is what we LOVE!!!!

Mollie Jo and Bobo said...

OH we are so jelly right now...We love staying at hotels on trips! Have fun!!!



Wags and Licks,
Mollie Jo & Bobo

Wilma said...

Hey Sal,
I knew you would know just exactly how to enjoy living in the lapos luxury.Way to go!

Harry Pugalicious said...

You's so lucky to gets to go to Chicago! Aren't hotels fun? I didn't likes the elevevator though. Yours looked like more fun, with the windows and all.

Can't waits to hear more abouts your trip!

Brutus, Ellie, Pippa and Otto said...

mmmmm...cheese curds sound delicious!!

Hahah - the "Assy" Suites looked pretty nice.

We can't wait to hear more about your trip :)

Pugs & Kisses,

Yoda & Brutus

Pugs Malone said...

I went to Chicago for my sister's college graduation last month, and she had wanted to take me to a bar there called the Wild Pug. However, she found out that it catered to a clientele that would make me feel out of place, but Salinger and his life partner Pugsley would feel right at home there...

Mia said...

I went to Chicago once!! Pretty cool place! Can't wait to hear about all of your meetings!!!

~hugs~

Lilo

Vito and Gina said...

Oh Salinger, you are too adorable for words!!

Archie and Melissa said...

hi salinger!
oh how fun is that!
your family loves you way more than mine does! they took you with them!

my momma went to alaska for a week and did not take me!

hmmmpf!

i cannot wait to see more of your adventure!

xoxox
emmitt

Hank said...

Assy Suites!!! BAHAHA!!!

That sounds better than the Motel 6I tell ya what!

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

OMD you got to go on a trip! Look at your fancy cloud bed...wow! I was so scared when I gots in the room that moved...I was terrified. You are so brave Sal.

Scared Sequoia

Stubby said...

Salinger dude! I should have joined you at the hotel. It looks super comfy. And room service? I'm loving the sound of that!

Stubby xoxo