Friday, July 16, 2010

Chicago Fabulousness (Part 3 Stubby and his peeps and Karen!)

Ok...back again for part TROIS of my Chicago junket!

After a blissful night in the big hotel cloud bed, breakfast of scrambly eggs and bacon, mom and I got in the car and drove for a short bit....and were greeted with THIS SIGN!
Photobucket
...and lots of hugs from THESE people...
Photobucket
It's STUBBY'S PEEPS (Gerry and Michele!)

Of course the StubMan himself!
Photobucket


Mom had to MAUL poor Stubby....that woman has NO self control!
Photobucket


Another one of our blogger buddies was there to hang with us too....KAREN!!!!
Photobucket
She was all about the booty rubs! LOVED it!


OMG...Aunt Michele had these freaky TURTLES all over her house!!!
Photobucket
Whadda YOU lookin' at????


We spent some time sniffing around in the yard and just exploring and hanging out, but then our PugTummies started to get all loud....
Photobucket
So we begged Stubby's Dad to get us something YUMMY for lunch...


OMG...boy did he come through!!!
Photobucket
I keep hearing Stubby talk about Popeyes all the time, so I was excited to try it for myself...


HOLY HOLY HOLY CRAP!!!!
Photobucket
BUST OUT THE CHICKEN, MAN!!!!


Gerry, Man....WHERE'S THE BEEF?....ER....I mean CHICKEN!??!?!?
Photobucket
I'm STAAAAAARVING! It's been FOUR WHOLE HOURS since I've eaten and I'm feeling faint!!!


Mom hooked me up with some delicious bird....
Photobucket
Oh my Helen Keller! This is aaaaaaaamazing chicken and fruit salad!!!!


Stubby got a bunch of chicken too!
Photobucket
I'm glad he did...I was starting to feel like a PIG!


We had to walk on the runner to settle our foodables....
Photobucket


THEN the food coma started to come over us...
Photobucket
DUDE...let's just sit here and rest while we digest....


Oh MAN...stick a fork in us...we're DONE!!!
Photobucket
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ


It was getting late, and Mom and I had other business meetings that evening, so we posed for one last group shot...
Photobucket
That's Michele with Stubby, Mom with Buddy Dog the Stuffie, and Karen with ME!


Aunt Michele gave me a kiss goodbye...
Photobucket
...and I made her promise to take extra good care of my pal Stubby so we can play together again soon!!!


Thanks so much for spending the afternoon with us guys and THANKS so much for introducing us to Popeyes!!!!! We can't wait to see you again soon!!!

11 comments:

Those Elgin Pugs said...

HA HA HA HA!!

Oh My Helen Keller!! You are too funny!! You all are a riot wits yous craZed chicken faces!! Look at Salisury's eyeballs Gerry at 'da tables!! SNORTS!!

Auntie Michele and Uncle Ger hooked yoots (like our new word?? hee hee) ups pretty wells!!!! And we's meet Karen too at ValenPug Pawty when she had Rainy. Karen is a Sweetheart too!!

Oh I's A jealous Jello's Josie nows seeing my Stubby Wobby Roo!! Butt don't tell 'um!! I's plays it cool!!

Yous NEVER had 'da popeyes?? Glad yous tried it!! I hear yous Auntie Sarah's got one by her house!!

Yous food coma's faces and falling overs are funny too's!!

So glads yous seeing all 'dese wonderful peeps and pups!!
Laters Salisbury Steak Butts!!!!

Loves,
Josie, Izzy and Anakin Man (S'up)

Mollie Jo and Bobo said...

What a fun time! Good furiends, butt scritches, and Popeyes chicken...what more could a puggie want?

Wags and Licks,
Mollie Jo & Bobo

Stubby said...

Hi Salinger! OMD! I'm getting hungry all over again just reading your post. I'm going to have Dad pull some Popeyes out of the freezer for lunch tomorrow.

I had such a great time hanging with you, your mom, and Karen. All the foodables totally rocked and I have totally recovered from your visit.

Mom and Dad are still eating the cupcakes and I'm loving my minty fresh breath treats. You're just too good to me!

Stubby xoxo

Two French Bulldogs said...

Hotels, breakfast in bed, chicken...what next.Stubby is hysterical. Those turtles are a bit scary. We were wondering if thats what you really ate. You know turtles taste like chicken.
Have fun
Benny & Lily

houndstooth said...

Oh my Helen Keller! I thought Mom was going to pee her pants when she read that part!

You NEVER had Popeye's before? I had no idea Indiana was such a tough place to live!

Bunny

Chicas Libelulas said...

Hola Again
Jajajajajajaja,(that Hahahahaha in Spanish)my Mama just is still laughing.
We just love your trip, your Mom & Dad are the best for letting you go to meet your friends!!!
and the Popeye's looks delicioso!!,
we don't have Popeye's here.
Bechos
Spongy & Licky

The WriggleButts said...

We LOVE getting to come along on your trip, Salinger!

B

Wilma said...

Hey Sal,
Looks like you had a blast over at Stubby's place. That's awesome that you finally got to try Popeyes'
You know I just found out we used to live in the same town as Popeyes' and I never got to try so much as a wing?! Those pig parents of mine kept it from me for all those years. Looks like I' ll have to ravel half way across the country to find kind generous souls who will share this Popeyes with a starving deprived pug.

JJ Lynne said...

hahaha, looks like you had a great time!

Hank said...

GREAT pics!

Love the boys' food coma!!!

Hank said...

BTW......Hank insists on bringing Popeyes the next time he visits.

(I can't promise it will make it all the way to P-ton, though.)