Monday, June 2, 2008

I went to SCHOOL today!

Yep...that's right! Me...Salinger Jack Kelley Lawson (that's my whole name) went to Maple Ridge Elementary School today for my brother's PET DAY!!!!!! I didn't get to ride the big yellow bus, but mommy drove me to school and then we got to sit outside on the lawn with my brother's whole third grade class!
Photobucket
Oh NOOOOOO...I hope there isn't going to be a TEST!


Mommy and Holden explained that I was a PUG and that all about my roots from China and how "they" say that the wrinkles on Pug's foreheads were once thought to spell out Chinese words. Mommy says that mine says "#9 General Tso's Chicken with a side of steamed dumplings"
Photobucket
HAHAHAHA! Gross!


A lot of the kids had questions about me. Some of them were...
Q. What are some of my favorite things to do?
A. SLEEP, eat, snuggle, sit on mommy's lap and play with my toys

Q. Where do I sleep?
A. WHEREVER I WANT TO! HAHAHA No, really, most of the time it's in the big cloud bed with mommy and daddy, but sometimes I like to sleep with Holden in his hot dog bun bed too.

Q. What are some of my favorite treats?
A. CHEESE and anything mommy makes for me.

Q. Why do I snort so much?
A. I'm "Brachycephalic"...oh and it's 85 friggin degrees out here and the sun is blazing!!!!

Mom and Holden walked me around so all of Holden's classmates got to pet and kiss me. His class knew I was coming and had watched part of "Milo and Otis" in the morning so all the kids kept saying how much I look like Otis! I get that a lot!

Photobucket
NO autographs PLEASE!!!!!

Photobucket
Soooooooo niiiiiice! More please!!!

Photobucket
Ok...it's starting to get really hot out here! Time to go mommy!

SO...as fast as it started, my fifteen minutes (literally) of fame was over. I was ready for some AC and a nice drink back home! PANT PANT PANT!!!!!!!
Photobucket
Eyes on the road, lady!!!! Get me home so I can get a DRINK!!!!

So that was my exciting day at PET DAY! I hope I get to do it again next year!

OK...the Red Wings are coming on now and Mommy is getting all flipped out. She says they're going to win something called the Stanley Cup tonight and mommy, daddy and brother are all REALLY excited!!!!
Photobucket
GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!

S-Dog is going to cheer now!

6 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

oooooooooooooooo, you're so lucky that you got to go to school, Salinger! What a fun place and you met so many new admirers! Maybe next time you can ride the school bus!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Archie and Melissa said...

hi salinger!
what a great and exciting day! your mom took great pictures! it looks like you had a lot of fun. what a lucky 3rd grade class to get to spend the day with you.
:) m & e

Pug(s) and Bugg said...

OMD, my boyfriend is soooo famous!!!! I am glad you had fun with your brother. I had a scaryyyy night last night and Mommy just wrote all about it- I wish you were there to cuddle!

Oh and Mommy says to tell your Mommy sorry about the Red Wings, she heard about it on the radio this morning. We were rooting for them for you though!

xoxo Sophie your GF

Anonymous said...

Ohhh.. love the last picture! Shame they pulled together at the last second. I was shocked!

Pet day sounds cool! When Holden is in garde 4 you can do it all over again!! :)

The Devil Dog said...

Going to school sounds fun. Being hot and bothered sounds not so fun. We are glad the kids appreciated you the way they should.

Roxy & Lucky

Nevis said...

Ha ha ha! Great post..!

"Pet day"? That's very cool! My fiance works as an elementary school teacher and I wish I could take Poley & Rukia to school to show off how cute they are. Oh well.

And don't complain about 85...it's 90 degrees here with like 95% humidity!