Friday, May 30, 2008

Maggie, chicken and STAPH...OH MY!

Oh boy...it's been an exciting few days! Last night, I got to walk with my first girlfriend Maggie (uh oh...AWKWARD....I don't think Sophie knows her! ;-) Our mommies are good friends and they walked around Holden's school while he was having his soccer practice. Mommy figured it was a good way to exercise since we would have just been SITTING there watching the kids play....AND...they don't allow dogs on the field? What kind of dumb rule is THAT?
no dogs allowed
Dumbest rule EVER! What place isn't better with a Pug?


Maggie is a little bit smaller than I am, but she is SO full of energy and she has a long silly tongue like mine! We had a lot to chat about because we hadn't seen each other for a few weeks.
Photobucket
Maggie is in the blue harness. Isn't she cute?


Our moms walked us in circles around the school for a while until we were both snorting and sounded like a couple of asthmatics with whooping cough!!!! Mom brought a big jug of icy water for us to share in my big Ikea bowl!
Photobucket
SLURPSLUPRSLURPSLURPSLURPSLURP!!!!!!!!!

Photobucket
Mmmm...wasn't that water just DIVINE????


Mommy made us pose for a picture because we decided to have a tongue contest. I think mommy lost. She looks like she's at a drug bust in this picture (with her eyes all half closed).
Photobucket
WAKE UP MOM!!! You're missing the tongue contest!!!!


Ok....so who has the goofier tongue? We both look like we stole big hunks of HAM from the deli!!!! HAHAHAHA!
Photobucket
Here is Maggie.


Photobucket
This is me.


So after Holden's practice, we came home to find DADDY sitting in his favorite chair watching TV and eating CHICKEN!!!!!!!! YES...CHICKEN...without ME! I LOOOOOOOOOVES me some chicken (or really whatever daddy is eating) so I went to see if he would share.

I did my best staredown....no luck.
Photobucket
Only a tiny nibble of chicken could help this poor starving Puggy!

Daddy had me do all my tricks (sit, shake, speak)...........
Photobucket

Then...SUCCESS!!!!!!!! MMMMMMMMM....chicken!!!!!! Thank you daddy!
Photobucket


NOW....today mommy left me here all by myself while she was at Holden's Field Day at shcool. She left me some treats, but they made me throw up (like lots of stuff does) so she came home to a nice surprise (no picture....be glad). While she was cleaning me off, she checked my lip...I've had a weird spot that she calls my "zit". She thought it was getting better, but today it was WORSE and HUGE and NOW I have them all over my CHIN!!!!!!!!! EEEEEEEWWWWWW!
Photobucket
HEY! I was taking a nap!!!!!!!!!

Mommy called the vet (she was worried that maybe a spider bit me or I had gotten into something in the yard) and they told her to bring me in. My vet is SO nice and the people that work in his office are so nice to me. Today, a nice lady named Amber weighed me (24 pounds! OOOOF!) and then I got to see my favorite vet lady, Betsy (HI BETSY!)! She tells me how cute I am and lets me kiss her. Mom showed her my lip and then Dr. Graves came in and talked to me for a few minutes and told mom that I have something called a Staph infection (!!!) and that it was no big deal and easy to treat. WHEW!!!!!! Apparently some of the follicles where my whiskers grow can get infected pretty easily. Mom was so relieved, she almost (ALMOST!) didn't mind paying for my medicine. She brought me home and she got down on the floor with me to rub my tummy and tell me that I'm going to be ok.
Photobucket


SO...that's been my exciting few days. I think I need to go take another nap.
S-Dog OUT!

6 comments:

Pug(s) and Bugg said...

First girlfriend? Pshh, whatever. She better not show up to the pug meetup... that's our special time!!!!!

PS glad you are ok my puglove!!!!

xoxo Sophie

Archie and Melissa said...

hi s-dog!
wow! what an exciting day you had.
i am so glad the staph is easy to treat. emmitt has had that before too. great pictures!
:) melissa and emmitt

Molly the Airedale said...

What a cutie Maggie is! She has the BEST name! Her harness matches the water dish! We're glad your zit is nothing serious!
Great pictures, Salinger!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

The Devil Dog said...

Phew! That was quite eventful. From a first girlfriend, Oh-uh Sophie, to a staph infection. Wowza. I would need a nap too. Get better soon.

Roxy

Ruby Bleu said...

You tongue is so very cute and curly. You totally won!!

Hope you feel better soon...and come check out my blog!!! Sophie & Dixie are having a barkday pawty on the 15th of June!!! I hope you can come!!!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

Nevis said...

Hello guys! You're both adorable! No way to choose just one...And...young puppy love....can one every can remember their first love.