Saturday, May 24, 2008

Greetings, salutations and introductions


Hello everyone and a special shout out to my fellow Pug friends and their people!

I am Salinger the Pug and I was born on 4/15/07 (tax day!) and I was the RUNT of six adorable Pug puppies! Here is a pic of me kissing my mommy (Gertie) when I was just one day old

1 day old pug

Since then, a lot has happened! I remember meeting my family when I was about a week old and my mommy knew I was "the one" when I was the only one of my brothers and sisters that kissed her! I got to go home with my family when I was about six weeks old and I've had so much fun with them ever since.



They are QUITE a cast of characters!

Photobucket

My mommy (Laura) is the one that will be helping me with my blogging (daddy says she's crazy). She works here at home, so I can spend lots of time in her lap while she's working at the computer. I love to help her in the kitchen (tasting things) and she calls me her "fawn shadow". Mommy takes me for walks a lot, makes me all kinds of tasty food and takes me to lots of cool places! You'll see some of them here later!

My daddy (Kevin) works downtown in a big building, and I'm always so happy to see him when he comes home! He shares his popcorn with me and I like it when he holds my leash when we're walking.
My brother (Holden...he's 9) is my best buddy! I cry when the big yellow bus comes in the morning and I somehow know when it's 3:30 and the same big bus brings him home. I wait for him by the door and get SO happy when he comes home! I love to steal his Legos and play ball with him in the yard. I'm also the mascot for his football team in the fall!
My stepsister (Lizz...she's 16) loves to rub my tummy and do the silly "PugPugPug" song with mommy. I like to sit under her chair during dinner time too!

My stepbrother (Will...he's 14) is fun to snuggle with on the couch. He holds me and pets me for hours and sometimes I sleep with him too!

I have lots of friends too! Some of my neighborhood friends are Daisy the Beagle (we like to go for walks) and Mandy the Weiner dog across the street (she's stuck up and doesn't like me though). My mommy and daddy take me to a lot of fun doggie events like the Indy Pug Meetup (where I met my good buddies Sophie and Dixie!....Pug and Bugg!) and any events put on by Countryside Animal Rescue (my brother Holden did a cool thing for them for his birthday...see it here!)

My family and I live in Pendleton, Indiana which is a nice little town on the northeast side of Indianapolis. It's very quiet here, which is nice for my morning naps on the deck in the sun.

Well, I think that's going to be all for my first entry. Mommy is still getting the hang of this way of blogging (wow...she's using LOTS of bad words...even more than normal!). She says that she apologizes if things look screwy right now, but she's going to play around with pictures and editing later on!

Stay tuned for more! Happy Saturday everyone!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Welcome to the blog world, Salinger! I have a BA in English, so I appreciate your mommy's taste in namesakes. I went with a more historical take myself, but I like her style....
Looking forward to seeing more from you!