Thursday, November 27, 2008

SO Thankful...

Hello! I, Salinger The Pug would like to wish all of you a very happy Thanksgiving!
Photobucket
Here's me in my Pilgrim hat and my chew toy turkey leg! I was NOT amused to be seen in such a shoddy paper knock off Pilgrim Hat. It wasn't even a real buckle! Nice.

We had such a wonderful Thanksgiving! My family is pretty crazy and has this weird tradition of mom brining the turkey the day before Thanksgiving and then chasing Holden around the house with the turkey neck (he used to think it was a different turkey body part when he was younger). She cornered him in his closet with it this year.
Photobucket
Don't worry Brother, you can just take this picture to therapy in a few years...it will explain a LOT! HAHAHA!

I had to check out the turkey neck too........
Photobucket
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........yep.........gross.

One of our other family Turkey Day traditions (that's a little bit more normal...) is to watch the DOG SHOW after the Macy's Parade! The TOY group was up first!
Photobucket
NO NO NO...not the Chiahuahua...we want the PUG!

The best of breed winner for the PUG was DIVA!
Photobucket
Her daddy Dermott is a very handsome Pug that we've seen on TV before. He won the Toy group a few years back.

Unfortunately, Diva didn't win...but she did place second in the Toy group
Photobucket
Way to go Diva!!!!

So after we watched some of the dog show, it was time to EAT! Mommy was very proud of her nicely browned and VERY juicy turkey! Here is daddy posing with it.
Photobucket
COME ON! Cut that bad boy up!!!!!

I got to eat turkey and some mashed sweet potatoes and then we went for a walk! Mommy and daddy are talking about getting the Christmas tree down tonight after Daddy is finished with his "game plan" for tomorrow. Mommy says that tomorrow is "Black Friday" which is also known as "Peer Pressure Consumer Spending Which She Refuses To Be A Party To Day". Daddy is going to pick up our friend Mr. Rob at THREE THIRTY in the morning so they can go hang out at Best Buy to get some "doorbuster deals". Mommy says that we are going to sleep in and then we're going to clean the house...it's disgusting.
Photobucket
Just LOOK at all these toys on the floor behind me....and the DOG HAIR everywhere! Honestly!!!! These living conditions are downright deplorable!

That said...I'm still a very thankful Pug. My family adores me!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!!

7 comments:

KibitzKnitz said...

We're Thankful for you too, Salinger!

Archie and Melissa said...

what a wonderful celebration!
i love reading your posts Salinger!
xo
m & e

Pug Posse said...

The turkey neck is pretty gross, but it looks like you had a very nice Thanksgiving! We're thankful to have such fun friends like you :-)
Pug hugs and kisses!
The Pug Posse

Brutus and Miley said...

Hey buddy! We are glad to hear that you are not having anymore limping problems. Moms Dad loves to eat the turkey neck, I think its probably delicious but mom thinks it's gross!

Nevis said...

Lovely post! I busted out laughing at least 4 times. LOVE the photo with the pilgrim hat. And that photo with Holden is priceless! And I refuse to shop on Black Friday either!

The Devil Dog said...

Mom went shopping for a winter coat for PlusOne. It was $90.00, 1/3 off and then mom had a 25% off coupon. $47.25! Mom was psyched. As for your mother and brother and the turkey leg, I think I shall keep quiet on that one. Mom is pretty weird at times too!

Roxy

Paula said...

But Salinger, you make a most handsome looking pilgrim. Your Thanksgiving Day sounds so awesome. Made me giggle like crazy seeing your Mom chase around your human brother with the turkey neck....lol, I have done similar things that will send my children to therapy also. We didn't know about the Dog Show after the parade or we would of watched it. I did however meet Miss Diva in August at an AKC Dog Show in Ohio and let me tell you what, she is all that! I got pictures of her and got to pet her too. Her handler Barry is real nice.

Paula