Thursday, August 18, 2011

Serendipity Via Pugs

Ok....are you ready to wrap your heads around a very cool/bizarre/sweet story? Once upon a time, back in 1992, Mom was a college senior and had a really nice boyfriend named Todd. Here's a pic of them at her sorority date party....

Now...fast forward to present day...Mom and Todd are still very good friends and have kept in touch all the while. Todd lives in Louisville, KY (about 3 hours south of Indy) and is a great daddy to two cute ShihTzus.



SO...a lady that Todd knows had this sweet Puggy named ZOE. For whatever reason, she decided that she deserved a better home that what the lady could give her, so she asked Todd if Zoe could come live with HIM and the ShihTzus....

Notice in this pic that there is a Todd, A Zoe, but NO ShihTzus!!!! They did NOT like each other AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Todd knows that Mom is a total Crazy Pug Lady and called and asked if SHE might want a sweet puggy girl OR if she knew anyone that would. WHAT TIMING!!!!!!! Mom said that she DID know of someone that was ready and willing to give this sweet Puggy a fabulous ForeverHome!

OH...this isn't terribly important...but Todd had been calling the puggy "Doris". He said the name suited her! HAHAHAAA



Mom and Todd synchronized their watches this morning, hopped in their cars, and met at the halfway point between Louisville and Indy so Mom could get sweet Zoe/Doris!

AWWWWWWW!!! She's SO SWEET!!!!



After a short visit, drink and a walk...mom loaded Zoe/Doris into her car, said "Goodbye" and "Thank you" to Todd and started the car....

Poor Zoe/Doris was so confused! She thought TODD was going to be her new Daddy!!!



Mom brought Zoe/Doris back to OUR house where I sniffed her and then decided that I should ignore her. Mom said I had to be NICE to her and that she was only going to stay with us for a few hours until her NEW MOMMY could come pick her up!

See there? If I don't LOOK at her....she's NOT there!!! GENIUS!!!!



Mom was all squealy over how CUTE Zoe/Doris was!

(Ignore Mom's hooves in this pic.....she knows she needs a pedicure)



Zoe/Doris LOOOOOVES her some belly rubs!!!!!

"MORE MORE MORE!!!"



THEN.....we heard a car pull up!!!! WHO could it BE?????

Zoe/Doris has a NEW MOMMY!!!!!!!!



SURPRISE!!!!!!! It's LYDIA!!! You may know her as Maggie's mom (not the Maggie that always stays with us....but the Maggie from Meetup that liked to hump Apollo!)

Most of you probably know that Sweet Maggie made a very sudden and unexpected trip to the Rainbow Bridge last month. Lydia has been looking and looking for another Puggy to love and help her heal. Mom knew this and thought this was a PERFECT match!



Lydia was SO HAPPY to meet her new baby!

She also agreed that Zoe/Doris was indeed a very pretty girl!!!!



Sweet Zoe/Doris fit into Maggie's pink harness and then sat with her new mommy for some snuggles!

"We're gonna make a GREAT team, mommy! GIRL POWER!"



After getting acquainted, Lydia and Zoe/Doris went home to get settled and start their new life together!

Look how HAPPY they both are!!!!!! Such BIG smiles!!!!



"Is she GONE yet, Mom???....I can't have this TWO PUG business going on around here!!!"

"Now can we PLEASE refocus your FULL attention back on MOI!????? JEEZ!!!"

***SALINGER'S NOTE*** Can you TOTALLY tell that this whole cockamaime story came from MOM??? Here's MY version.....

Mom talked on the phone with someone

Mom got in the car and left me home to watch Food Network for like 93939596848 hours.

Mom came back with this girl Pug that smelled funny and tried to bogart my toys and water bowl

Lydia came over and scratched my butt and told me I was cute (about dang time SOMEONE did!)

Lydia took the Girl Pug away

I had my house to myself again.

THE END.




23 comments:

Payton said...

Sal, I totally get you man. Mom was on the edge of her seat the whole time and I'm just thinking why is she reading this instead of devoting her time on me. Sheesh! And I bet your mom didn't even make you a single recipe that you wrote down from watching the food network, huh? Never happens in our house too, yet she keeps making me watch (tormenting me really) all those food shows!
Love,
Payton
PS. I am happy that Zoe/Doris has a new home! What did her name end up being?

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

You know, Salinger, you have a pretty sweet Mom. You should appreciate her more! Paco has a LOT of sympathy for you, but I think you should be happy you have a Mom who would DO something like this for a puggy she never met!

Yeah, what is the girl's final name???

Vito and Gina said...

OY! Salinger do I know how you felt. Although for some reason Vinny isn't leaving. Where is his new Mommy to come and take him from my house? He bogarts my water and my toys ALL THE TIME!!

I must say though that Zoe/Doris was pretty cute. That was one heckuva curly tail! It almost rivals mine and yours!

We hope Zoe/Doris and her mom are very happy together. Maybe she wants a boy pug named Colonel Vinny? I know one that I would sell REAL CHEAP.

Later!
Vito

Wilma said...

Aw c'mon Sal. You can't play that tough guy act with me. How can't you love a happy ending like that. I am sure you will be seeing Zoe/Doris in the future, so you better be nice. In fact, you shoulda asked her to join the Sunflower Sisters. You're slackin' bro.
Mom says she loves how her head looks all big on a tiny body.

Crabbie Chris said...

That's super awesome. People love pugs....pugs need love. Win win for sure

The WriggleButts said...

Well done everyone - we're sure Zorris will have a great time with her new family!

B

Minnie and Mack said...

S Dog, that is a great story even if it didn't really involve you! You guys are great to find Doris a new home with Maggie's mom.

It's OK, you are still head puggie at home and in our hearts.

Drools and licks,
Minnie and Mack

Archie and Melissa said...

ohhhhh!
i have happy tears in my eyes!
what a wonderful story!
you helped to heal two hearts today laura!
i am so excited for lydia and zoe/doris!
there smiles made me smile and clap my hands with joy!
i cannot wait to meet her!

welcome home zoe/doris!
welcomme home!

Tiffy said...

I just love a happy ending! I'm so excited for Lydia and for Zoe. I think Doris is a very funny name. Do you think Lydia is going to keep the name Zoe? Lots of people wanted Momma to change my name but Tiffy just fits me.

I hate when my peeps are gone for like 9 million hours, too. You are lucky that you get to watch the Food Network because I am stuck with HBO. The only good thing is that I learn a lot of HBO words!

Tiffy

Two Pugs in a Pod said...

Whoa, dude. That was a CLOSE one. I've been through the whole "random smelly girl pug appears in your house and bogarts your toys" thing. And sometimes, they DO stay. Crap, here she comes. We never spoke of this.

Klaus

Puglette said...

what a wonderful story!! it brought tears to my eyes. zoe looked so happy in her new momma's car. i know this is a match made in heaven.

laura, you are a great facilitator!! puggy love to you all.

Mia said...

Oh Sal, you should be happy that your momma wanted to help Lydia and Zoe!!! It was a wonderful thing your momma id going to get her and it was an extraordinary thing you did letting her hang out at your house to wait for her new momma. The least your momma could do is bake you a treat or something!! A steak on the grill wouldn't hurt either!! ;)

Until we get to meet . . .

~hugs~

Mia

Suzy said...

That is seriously awesome for Zoe/Doris (but sorry mom ignored you for a few hours).

I love mom's college pic (*snicker)...been there done that lol!

Sabrina PugTails said...

What a great pair of stories.
I'm so happy that your mom was able to play matchmaker for Zoe/Doris and Lydia. Sal, your mom is a very special lady. And I don't mean like the short bus.
Your version made me laugh because I really know where you are coming from.
Licks,
Sabrina

dw said...

Salinger, dude, how sweet that your mom helped find a new mom for Doris/Zoe! She done good! And come on, dude, it's all good because you got a butt scratch, right?

Oskar said...

Well either way you tell it it's a great story!

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

SpencerBartholomew said...

You sure have a special mom, Sal. That is such a great story. The only other pug that I've shared my house with is Bellatrix. But she's my girlfriend so it's ok even though she chews on my chewies!

Winston Wilbur said...

uh huh, yup S dude your version is exactly how I would have seen it! Oh and one thing too.... "a girl pug came over and was a threat to my feeding schedule". Two pugs means more mouths to feed and less food for one..... I think it is called..... sharing!

Mum is all squeeling about how awesome this is and Zoe gets a fab new home blah blah blah blah..... well I just say, thank your lucky stars she didn't stays long.

WInston

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi Salinger
I was just going to bed, when mommy clicked on this story.
Salinger.. you were very kind to Zoe/Doris,,
I know you were trying to be so patient- with all these feelings you had,,, but,, you know what?
Your mom rocks.. cause she found a home for puggy girl Zoe/Doris.. and her new momma - right this minute, is smiling,, and her heart is healing.. and this is the best ending to a story, now i can go to sleep with a happy heart.
Thank you to you and your mom.
love
tweedles

Adventures of two Indianapolis Girls said...

My name is Zoe. I am currently too busy guarding this place and getting it in order to get my Mom cracking on my blog (something about no internet) but it willhappen

Brutus, Ellie, Pippa and Otto said...

OMP!! Sal, we think it is awesome that your mom helped Zoe/Doris and Lydia find each other!! Hey, are you sure you don't want a little sister - Brutus & I will sell/give Ellie to you for real cheap!! (little sisters are sooooo annoying!!!!!!).

Pugs & Kisses,

Yoda & Brutus (Ellie says hi too!)

Hank said...

Boy, was Sally McGirt pissed.

The End.


PS Thanks for helping out Lydia AND Zoe. So happy for both of them!

Kitty+Coco said...

Dude, it is awesome to hear a nice ending to a story. Admittedly, your version of the story was not as warm and fuzzy, but still.
We need to put some meat on Zoe/Doris's bones! She is pretty cute.

I call for a round of McCheesyburgers for the traumatized pug Sal.

Kitty+Coco