Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Hangin' with Hanklin

My good buddy HANK came over the other day (with Aunt Sarah of course...she had to drive)!

I asked Aunt Sarah if we could all go shopping, to which Hank replied "Aw HAAAAIL no...I'm stayin' here in the AC on the armrest!"



BUT....we promised him AC and treats, so he came with us.

I had to work hard to convince the good ol boy that shopping WASN'T just for "ladies, sissies and quares" (HAHAHA!)




Here we are...THREE DOG BAKERY! With a poster of our relatives in the front window!

Hank could smell all the yummies inside, so we headed in....



He said "JIMMINY CHRISTMAS...LOOK AT ALL THIS STUFF!"

"HO-LY CRAP! I need to check all this stuff out! I'm happier than a busload of simpletons pulling into Chuck E. Cheese!!!!"



A nice worker lady came over and gave Hank and I a BIG GIANT BOXER BROWNIE to share!

**MOM'S NOTE** Everyone chill out....if you're not familiar with Three Dog Bakery, they use all doggie safe ingredients. This is actually CAROB (NOT chocolate).



"WOW...that was FUN, I tell you what!!!"

"When can we go back, Maw?"




(pssst...between you and me...I think ol Hanklin is nuttier than a squirrel turd)

Just LOOK at him down there on the floor of the car! Sheesh!



Look what Aunt Sarah got for us!

HAMBOOGERS!!!! NOM NOM NOM!



Thanks for the treats Aunt Sarah!!!

And for bringing Hank to visit!!! We always have a blast with you guys!




***MOM'S NOTE*** NOW for a bit of unpleasantness....I'm sorry but I've decided to enable comment moderation to our blog. While we LOVE comments....we do NOT love spam stuff or rambling mean spirited comments that are just plain uncalled for and unnecesary, so I'll have to start weeding out the riff-raff. We hope all of our friends and kind followers will keep commenting and sharing with us and we'll do our best to keep this a fun family blog for all! <3, L.

19 comments:

Mia said...

Looks like you boys had quite a day!! I can't wait to take Mia on her first Three Dog Bakery trip!!!

~hugs~

Jess

dw said...

Salinger, dude! Looks like you had a great time hanging with Hank, nuttiness and all! And you got some great moms, too!

Gracie the Agility Pug said...

What an awesome, food-filled adventure. Thanks for sharing.

Two Pugs in a Pod said...

OMG. Salinger's face in that photo of Hank on the floor is PRICELESS. I can't believe anyone would leave mean comments on your blog. Quite turdly, if you ask me.

Payton said...

Hey Sal! I'm not sure that my mom is going to recover from falling out of her chair laughing so hard over that close-up picture of you saying "squirrel turd"! And you know, I think I've finally figured out why you are so distinctively cute...you always look slightly worried with your eye brows and forehead wrinkled. How come, S-Dog? Anyway, I can't wait to meet Hank later.
Love,
Payton
PS. We used to have a 3 Dog Bakery in St. Louis, but they decided to not renew their franchise and retire. How dare they! It was a sad day in our house...well for me anyway.

Minnie and Mack said...

Hey Sal! We've been away for a little while and are happy to hear from you and Hank! He sounds like our cousins from Georgia! We can hardly understand them...
Those yummies were the best we've ever seen. How do you keep you trim figure?

Drools and licks,
Minnie and Mack

Suzy said...

That looks like a totally awesome day! Hanging with Hank AND getting lots of treats sounds like a great way to spend a hot summer afternoon. :)

Ya know who's nuttier than a squirrel turd (besides Hank, that is)? PEOPLE WHO SPAM DOG BLOGS.

Whew, I feel better now. Stay cool, buddy!

Noodles said...

Salinger!!! OMD!!! Those are the tastiest treats I have ever in all my borned days seen!!!! You and your buddy Hanklin are truly the LUCKIEST dogs I "know."
Love Noodles

SpencerBartholomew said...

That place looks awesome Salinger! You sure look like one cool pug. I wish I loved closer so we could hang out. Mom and I are always checking out your funny and fun adventures- keep it up Sal!

Wilma said...

What up Salinger?! Good grief, that shot of you and Hank in the car is priceless. A. because it's so damn cute and funny, B. because of the sounds it made Mom make after looking at it. Not sure I've heard some of those. Anyway, bummer you have to moderate, people can be pretty lame sometimes. Don't worry, it won't stop me from open my big yap with a comment!

Archie and Melissa said...

oh my gosh!
look at those treeeeats!
i need to find a jet plane and get my pug butt over to indy to be with you!
what am i doin' in CO?
xoxoxo
archie barchie

Tiffy said...

Where's the PBR? There's no way Hanklin ate any kind of treats without a PBR to wash them down with!

Next time I'm in Indy please point me in the direction of Three Dog Bakery. I need some delicious treats, STAT!

Tiffy

Pee-s: I agree with Suzy on the comment moderation :)

Hank said...

Sal, buddy......it was good hangin' with ya. I sure did like that bakery. When I got home, I worshed it all down with some PBR.

PEE S: Now I dint want tuh tell ya this but the reason I sat all the way down on the floor is 'cause Joe Jack told me if ya git too close to a homerseckshul ya might catch "it". Hail, he even said ya shouldn't use the terlit after 'em! I sweat tuh GAWD he did!!!

Brutus, Ellie, Pippa and Otto said...

Looks like you all had a great day!

and yes, mean people do suck! Mom has been thinking about putting comment moderation on as well since we have been getting hit with the spam - luckily no mean comments yet!

Pugs & Kisses,

Yoda, Brutus & Ellie

Two French Bulldogs said...

yes..mean people suck...anyways
You guys look like that trip to the store sure was worth it
Benny & Lily

The Devil Dog said...

Those look like delicious treats. You two sure are lucky. Mom says she is really sorry that you are getting trolls on your blog. Tell me where they are and I will leave them a "gift"!

Roxy

The Devil Dog said...

Those are some awesome looking treats. You two sure are lucky.

Mom says she is really sorry that you have trolls on your blog. If you tell me where they are I will go leave them a "gift"!

Roxy

Kitty+Coco said...

Squirrel turd..gets me every time! Bahaha. Have to admit we are jealous that you got to hang with Hank. He is looking slim and trim these days Mmmm hmmmm. At this rate, you will be panty shopping the next time.

WTH with mean people commenting? turdley is nice compared to the name I was thinking of.

Kitty+Coco

Adventures of two Indianapolis Girls said...

Wow, inspiring. I am checking KPR site to see if I can get pick a dude to hang with you guys.
Lydia