Thursday, May 14, 2009

Wanna see something GROSS?

Psssssssssst! Over here! It's me....Salinger!!! Don't tell mom I let you see this (because it's REALLY REALLY GROSS) but LOOK what we did today!
Photobucket

The bathtub drain in the guest bathroom has been all clogged up and draining really slowly (which leaves a gross ring around the tub that makes mom crazy). Dad stuck an unbent coat hanger down the drain, but mom decided to take more serious measures today. Luckily, Holden is still home from school, but feeling better, so he was able to capture this debacle in pictures.

Ok...THIS IS YOUR FINAL WARNING! DON'T READ ANY FURTHER IF YOU'RE EASILY GROSSED OUT, PRONE TO VOMITING, NAUSEA, DIARRHEA, NURSING, PREGNANT OR PLAN TO BECOME PREGNANT, TAKING MAOI INHIBITORS, HAVE THOUGHTS OF SUICIDE, HAVE HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, SEIZURES, LIVER DISEASE, PLAN ON OPERATING HEAVY MACHINERY OR QUITE HONESTLY HAVE ANY SENSE OF DECENCY AT ALL!!!
Photobucket

You're still here? Ok...don't say we didn't warn you or leave us any comments about how offended and sicked out you are....you've been warned!

Mom tried to plunge the clog away first...but that didn't work
Photobucket

THEN she busted out the heavy artillery and decided to SNAKE the drain!
Photobucket

First attempt was pretty productive...nice big hair clog!
Photobucket
I supervised the disposal of said clog.

THEN...mom was feeling all "Deadliest Catch" and decided to try it again....THIS time was much more successful!!!

EEEEEWWWWWW! I love Holden's comment..."You could make a whole other SALINGER out of that!"


Just in case you haven't thrown up yet, or are disappointed at the level of grossness of this post....here's a closeup of the gross clog...
Photobucket
WOW Mom....you da MAN!!!


OK....enough fun for today.....
Photobucket
I feel violated after witnessing this. I'm going to take a nap!


Happy Thursday everyone and GO WINGS!!! Game 7 tonight...they'll either advance or be golfing tomorrow!!!!!!
Photobucket

12 comments:

Kelly said...

That was SO NASTY, but I just HAD to look!! I couldn't NOT look!

Maybe you could donate it to Locks of Love?


:)

Libby's Library said...

It's kind of like when you drive by an accident...you know you shouldn't look, but you just can't help yourself!

Brill said...

Oh there's always a picture in the Betterware catalog of some giant tweezers that are for use in plucking hair out of bathtub drains which always makes me feel a bit sick...

http://www.betterware.co.uk/productdetails.aspx?pid=037911&cid=122&language=en-GB

:p *puke

Stubby said...

Salinger - Love the close-up shot of you looking all mysterious!

Nothing really grosses me out because sometimes I am gross. Mom loves to pull hair clogs out of the shower because as gross as they are, she feels a sense of accomplishment once they have been removed. She's silly like that, but I love her anyway.

Have fun watching the hockey game tonight.

Stubby xoxo

Rosie said...

Gag me with a spoon! or a snake - BOL
Loves from pugs,
Rosie Marie

Pugsley and Lola said...

YUCK!!!! That is disgusting!!!

I miss u man!!!
XOXOXOXO
Pugsley

Hank said...

Sal, buddy.....I don't plan on operatin' heavy machinery 'til the weekend, so I'm good.

I think I might be in love with yer old lady. Ya don't find too many who can snake a drain I tell ya what!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

ICK! (is what mama said)
That was quite a huge one for sure. We need to do it too, but keep putting it off. And the sink needs it too. Come on over and help us out! All we have is a long coat hanger and does not work so great. We need professionals!
xoxoxo
tweedles

Becky said...

I think its mate is living in the front bathroom where my daughter showers. She had really long hair, just cut off 17 inches. She told me the tub drains very slooowww! I told her to get a big screwdriver but a coathanger sounds like it would work better. I'm afraid to go in there now!

Apollo said...

Wow, that was pretty gross. I still would have tried eating it, though.

Anonymous said...

Haha it was so gross I couldn't look away.

That actually isn;t that bad.. try having to do that in a place you just rented where you KNOW none of it is your hair. God I'm gagging just remembering. it was awful. :p

yay to the wings! And it looks like Carolina won too.

Nevis said...

I looked! And I even have epilepsy, so I was risking having seizures...but I risked it! And frankly, nothing about living with a pug has grossed me out since I had to excise their anal sacs myself. That is some nasty business!