Thursday, August 28, 2008

A new friend!

Ok, mom says to tell you all how sorry we are that we haven't posted anything new in a few days, but she's been swamped with Holden's football schedule, her own work schedule and everything else in between that we won't even bore you with. As Pa (mom's dad) says "She's busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest" which seems like it's pretty busy!
Photobucket
Hahahahahaha!

One thing that mom is still trying to stay consistent with is walking me at least 2 miles in the morning and again in the evening (I have to stay muscular like my daddy, Rufus!). Since Holden is back in school now, we've been going a bit later in the morning after the evil cheesewagon rolls by. Mom has a new walking buddy in the AM named Mrs. Brown and her Boxer named Payton! Payton is SUCH a pretty girl and she is working so hard on her obedience and listening to Mrs. Brown.
Photobucket
VERY nice "down stay" Payton!

After our walk yesterday, Payton and her mom came to our house to get some herbs from the herb garden. Payton and I ran around and played in the backyard and had SO much fun!
Photobucket

After we ran and exhausted ourselves, I tried to teach Payton to use my doggie door!
Photobucket
"Payyyyyyyyyton! In here!!!"

Our moms said she was too big for my door, but I kept trying to help her!

Photobucket
"LOOK! Just push and go in!"

We decided it wasn't going to work, so we went back to playing and then it was time for Payton to go home so mom could get some work done.

Photobucket
"Bye Payton! Thanks for coming over!"

We missed our walk this morning because Holden's school district called a TWO HOUR FOG DELAY so mom just walked me around the block. I'll get to see Payton again tomorrow and this time mom will get pics of Payton's new baby brother...WEISS, the white Boxer! Stay tuned for pics!

Happy Thursday everyone!

STP

8 comments:

Pug(s) and Bugg said...

"SUCH a pretty girl"???? IS THIS YOUR WAY OF DUMPING ME FOR A BOXER, DEAR WEEK S-DOGG????

xoxo Broken-Hearted Sophie

Salinger The Pug said...

Um....er....why NO my Little Puggy Muffin! I swear...we just walked and played in the yard! I MAY have sniffed a bit, but it was only "as friends"!

She's not NEARLY as beautiful as YOU my dear Sophie!!!!!!

All my love,
Your S-Dog

(WHEW!)

Unknown said...

Aw - that looks like a lot of fun (but she is in no way as pretty as Sophie!!). I love boxers and would definitely consider them if I was in the market for a big dog. I wish we had one here to play with!

Nevis said...

Fabulous pictures. Missed you!

Oh, and LOVE the doggy door! Did you always have one? If not, was it hard to teach Salinger to use it?

Molly the Airedale said...

We're back from Nantucket, Salinger! We met 3 Puggies on the Island! We missed you!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Anonymous said...

That looks like you had a lot of fun in a non love interest sort of way (Poor Sophie!)

What is a fog delay?

Anonymous said...

Isn't that silly!! My dad grew up in Montreal and those stories about walking to school in 6 feet of snow, up hill both ways... turns out it is true! lol
Snow yes, hills not so sure about!

Puddleglum said...

Peyton is such a cutie! I can see why you would be drawn to her

BUT SERIOUSLY! COME ON, MAN! IT'S SOPHIE! Grrrr....